Flare or no?

Participant count
  • Participant list

netzero
10+ year member

USMC
Would these flares be worth spending $17 to get 4 of them instead of just using 4" pvc ports with the mdf rounded over? And do you think they would work with standard thin wall pvc?

260-403_L.jpg

I know, I have a 6" psp but my new design i did with four 4" ports, but i really dont have the cash to fund 4 aeros haha... I have the pvc and 90* bends here and can use them for free. I wasnt sure if those would help over just rounding over the mdf and sanding smooth?

if you dont want to heat up and flare some PVC set it into 3 layers of mdf and round that over real far. thats the cheap method. in the first layer set the pipe halfway then flushcut the wood to the inside of the pipe. then start the major round over. I **** at explaining it but it looks very nice when you are done. If you came over to my basement I could show you. The regular aeroports are better if you want to change them late the way i have done it is harder to change it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.