Flac Files

murph
10+ year member

Low for Life
Richmond,VA
So I have fucked around with a few sq Flac file songs and noticed very little difference then with my 320 kbps mp3 files in my car. My friend has mentioned a few times how much louder and better the bass is with flac files. I am wondering if there is any truth to this, I am currently downloading some flac file hip hop music. Any input?

I can't imagine being able to hear any difference in any format in any hip hop. Not a whole lot of "detail" in hip hop. Lol.
I agree but if it cleans up the bass in some of the songs where it sounds awful I am cool with that.

So I have fucked around with a few sq Flac file songs and noticed very little difference then with my 320 kbps mp3 files in my car. My friend has mentioned a few times how much louder and better the bass is with flac files. I am wondering if there is any truth to this, I am currently downloading some flac file hip hop music. Any input?
What is a flac file? And where are you downloading them?

What is a flac file? And where are you downloading them?
Here...Hip Hop Lossless

You can't use it in itunes unless you convert it to m4a which makes it pointless for the most part. M4a's are higher quality than mp3's though. You will have to you windows media player and download the pluggins to play it. Also you have to play it out of the aux on just about every head unit since flac is not supported.

URAL CDD ConceRt reads flaс!)

Only you probably are not for sale!

And is sold already, and to it was even HDD.

And why should I care flaс?

It is better to encode WAV, is the sound quality, the same thing!

WAV recorder reads most! Pioneer, Alpine, JVC...

Unfortunately not pioneers, not alps not read flac!

If you still want to listen to flac, then media player and optical cable on processor!

Flac sounds better than 320 kbps!)

But now correctly say that hip-hop is not a style where the difference will be noticeable!

And all audio must be very high class, to hear the difference is...

sorry for the spelling mistakes...

Here...Hip Hop Lossless
You can't use it in itunes unless you convert it to m4a which makes it pointless for the most part. M4a's are higher quality than mp3's though. You will have to you windows media player and download the pluggins to play it. Also you have to play it out of the aux on just about every head unit since flac is not supported.
Can convert Flac to AAC which is also a lossless file type.

My brother was just telling me about an article he read on FLAC or any other uncompressed music file. He said the only way to notice a difference is to have a frequency chart up. Because you will see slightly more frequency humps in the Lossless file over a compressed file. But you won't hear it.

My brother was just telling me about an article he read on FLAC or any other uncompressed music file. He said the only way to notice a difference is to have a frequency chart up. Because you will see slightly more frequency humps in the Lossless file over a compressed file. But you won't hear it.
This is true. There was a huge thread on comparisons on HeadFi.org on Flac vs MP3 and other file types with the graphs included.

Here is a small comparison I found. Still not the one I was looking for though.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/457310/comparison-flac-vs-mp3-320kbps

This is true. There was a huge thread on comparisons on HeadFi.org on Flac vs MP3 and other file types with the graphs included.
Here is a small comparison I found. Still not the one I was looking for though.

Comparison FLAC vs MP3 320kbps
Could have been the article he read.

I use 256 AAC for all of my music. I personally can't hear the difference between 128 and 256. But I just do 256 just to be safe. And AAC is the newer MP3 and sounds vastly better.

MP3 bitrates - YouTube

I can definitely notice a difference with electronic music when it is flac vs mp3. Overall though it just isn't worth the space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.