First step in overhauling my whole blasted system... (in the words of a first timer)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sound
10+ year member

Complete Noob
So, I recently bought the Verizon Droid that's been on TV so much lately (btw, life changing phone) and all my music is now on my phone. And after putting it in it's little car mount I decided that it was time to finally replace the stock headunit in my little 2004 Honda Civic Coupe to something with an aux input on the front so I could hear my wonderful little Droid play through my not-so-wonderful sound system. I'm only upgrading the headunit for the time being, but I plan on redoing the whole system eventually and adding a subwoofer(s). My question is this, what would be a good headunit for my needs? I need the aux input on the front, as well as HD Radio. I would love good, high quality outputs on the back for the time being while I don't have an amp, but I want to be able to use the headunit later on when I upgrade, well, everything. From what I've read, I can fit both a single DIN or double DIN headunit in my car with a simple adapter and have both look good, so I don't care about what size it is. However, I don't want/need/like any of the touchscreens and I don't need it to play DVD's or have navigation. My budget for the headunit alone is about $400 give or take, but that's negotiable either way so long as I'm getting my moneys worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenwood 942u or Kenwood 993. Aux is in the back I think. Or Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB. 200 shipped on soniceletronix.com, prolly cheaper on Ebay. GREAT ****ING HEADUNIT!

The Kenwoods look nice, but I really want the aux input on the front so I can keep my Droid on the windshield in it's car mount and I don't have to run any wires to input it in to the back of the unit.

Whats the difference between the Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB and the Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT? Is it only the bluetooth aspect?

The Kenwoods look nice, but I really want the aux input on the front so I can keep my Droid on the windshield in it's car mount and I don't have to run any wires to input it in to the back of the unit.Whats the difference between the Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB and the Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT? Is it only the bluetooth aspect?
The DEH P510UB has better internal amps. 22x50 RMS vs 14x4 RMS on the DEH P610BT. They are exactly the same, but the P610BT has bluetooth. So take your pick, both AMAZING headunits

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.