SOLD female QCA ring for a 4" coil

Participant count
  • Participant list

nu2spl
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Last edited by a moderator:
will this only fit a Ti basket or will it also fit a TRF basket?
well i think you will have to mod a trf basket,this one came off of an aura 18" basket but it was cut out and retooled for it,it requires a 6" basket opening,im not sure how large the opening is in a trf basket

Trf will need modification to fit properly inside the basket
how much of a pain in the *** would this be?

what kind of tools would i need and whats the best way to get the measurements?

also would the this change the subs performance by adding an extra little gap between the basket and motor instead of the basket bolting directly to the motor as it is now?

how much of a pain in the *** would this be?
what kind of tools would i need and whats the best way to get the measurements?

also would the this change the subs performance by adding an extra little gap between the basket and motor instead of the basket bolting directly to the motor as it is now?
well i dont think it would change the performance,i mean it would be such a small gap if you would have a gap at all because the ring bolts to the inside of the basket not the outside

a pain in the a$$ it just might be,to get everything properly aligned right and centered you would probably need to have the basket milled,and that can get expensive.

i can use my dial calipers and give you the measurements if you want,i mean you would have to have the accuracy to get it milled right anyway.

If it will fit in the basket you would need the basket machined out to 6.02". If you know someone who can do the work for you its no big deal but if you dont have access to a machine shop it could cost a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nu2spl

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
nu2spl
Lancaster, OH.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date