SOLD feeler: brahma extreme

toaster
10+ year member

Installer, since 1984
ok i have a brahma extreme, dual 1 ohm coils. one coil is good, the other is open (was like that when i recieved it).

dont know for sure if i want to sell it, but i might work something out with the guy i bought it from to make up difference for what i paid for it. interested to see if anyone would want it for 325 shipped?

youll have to get it reconed, which will cost ya 90 bucks.

correct, one coil is open. i just spoke with chris at adire, recone is 99 they do it or you do it, so ill knock the price down another 10 bux to 315 shipped.

ok i have a brahma extreme, dual 1 ohm coils. one coil is good, the other is open (was like that when i recieved it).
dont know for sure if i want to sell it, but i might work something out with the guy i bought it from to make up difference for what i paid for it. interested to see if anyone would want it for 325 shipped?

youll have to get it reconed, which will cost ya 90 bucks.
Hold up dude. I normally wouldn't post crap like this, but I do sell stuff on here now and then and I don't need a bad reputation.

I tested the woofer before I sent it out to make sure it was still fine. I have several people that were there to verify that the driver was working fine the day before I shipped it.

You called me on the phone and told me about the problem, but you also said that it died while playing music...and that your readings changed after you applied power. I told you that I would try and help you out because I was being generous, not because I sold you a driver that wasn't functioning. Like I said, I'm not trying to start anything, I just don't want to get a bad wrap over this.

not trying to give you a bad rap at all.

i told you when i recieved the driver, one coil was reading 18 ohms, which is WAY too high for a 1 ohm driver, and the other coil was reading one ohm.

then when i applied power it started attenuating, until it quit (about 3 minutes). then it read in the kohms to megohms.

so, ive got a bad feeling about this, too. i paid you for the woofer, when i got it, it had one abnormal coil, which failed altogether after 3 minutes of playing time.

it bothers me, while we're talking here, to have you tell me you would call me yesterday, and you didnt. then, when i tried calling you, all i got last night and all day today, right up to when you posted this reply, was your voicemail. so you said you were going to work this out and get a recone kit for it, but i cant contact you.

chris at adire says they're 99 dollars, scotty doesnt have any on hand.

like i say, not trying to have hard feelings, but i know when i got the sub the coil was bad, and i paid 421 dollars for a 3 minute ride to this point.

one more thing, too:

why would i try to give you a bad rap when i posted a positive about you in the feedback section the day i got the driver?

i havent posted ANYTHING negative about you at all.

and, as far as your reputation, no one can give you that, anyway. you earn it.

all im trying to do is make the best from an unfortunate situation - i bought a sub with a messed up coil, so i was trying to sell it with that fact known, and hope you would do the right thing and make up the difference, or buy a recone kit for it.

one more thing, too: why would i try to give you a bad rap when i posted a positive about you in the feedback section the day i got the driver?

i havent posted ANYTHING negative about you at all.

and, as far as your reputation, no one can give you that, anyway. you earn it.

all im trying to do is make the best from an unfortunate situation - i bought a sub with a messed up coil, so i was trying to sell it with that fact known, and hope you would do the right thing and make up the difference, or buy a recone kit for it.
I know you haven't posted anything directly about me. But this thread gave me the impression that I knowingly sent it in that condition, which I would never do. If that wasn't your intent then I apologize.

If you didn't put much power to the the thing, then the only possible way it could have been damaged was shipping. Regardless, the situation ***** for both of us and needs to be taken care of right away.

I am sorry I missed your calls, I left my cell at home yesterday. I am going PM you my home phone number as well. Try my cell since I'll be at work all day (yes, I actually brought it).

this situation has been taken care of, folks.

turned out to be a loose tinsel lead under the cap that adire says couldve happened at ANY time, just as likely when it was in shipment.

anyway, just thought i would post a follow up and let everyone know zebo and i worked it out and i would DEFINITELY buy from him again, wasnt his fault at all.

this situation has been taken care of, folks.
turned out to be a loose tinsel lead under the cap that adire says couldve happened at ANY time, just as likely when it was in shipment.

anyway, just thought i would post a follow up and let everyone know zebo and i worked it out and i would DEFINITELY buy from him again, wasnt his fault at all.
So you are going to keep the sub? If so you are going to love it . laiter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.