feed back on "SPL amps"

I had one once and thought it gave me a good bang for the buck as it was heavy as all hell, but then I got a Hifonics (which aren't the best but generally an all-around favorite for a budget amp), and the thing weighed half of what the SPL weighed and was half in size but outperformed it like 8x.

In short. Don't buy SPL as if their website should be any indication of poor design.

You can find better budget equipment for the money. I've heard/helped install their 5500D amp on two of their SPLW 15"s and for their "rated power" i was not impressed. The subs were muddy, and the amps DO NOT do rated power unless your running 16v+. Look into the Hifonics Brutus line of amps, and you can find good deal on used equipment here in the classifieds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.