Fatmat

John3000
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Georgia
Just put in the fat mat for my maxima(with help from 60 cent) and I am very impressed! Sound quality has improved greatly. Great deal also.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

Just put in the fat mat for my maxima(with help from 60 cent) and I am very impressed! Sound quality has improved greatly. Great deal also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif
is that soo....... hm shoulda hit me up i woulda had you guys come up......

how much did you put in?

how's 60's leg?

I have a 12" DVC Audiobahn.. and a saturn, my trunk rattles like a champ.. I'm on the verge of getting fat mat.. probably tomorrow when i get paid.. thing is i'm not 100% on how to install it.. all the little holes in the top of the trunk.. do i cover them with the fat mat, or do i just cover everything w/ the fatmat material? Thanx for the help i've been looking everywhere to find out..

it sounds great, i didnt cut the holes. one pointer, heat the mat first and then try pressing it on with a roller. this will make the mat A LOT easier to deal with and bend.

is that soo....... hm shoulda hit me up i woulda had you guys come up......

how much did you put in?

how's 60's leg?
It's doing much better.

The Maxima turned out good. It will be even better when he gets the new set-up he is planning.

2001 Maxima Se 5 speed. 60 and myself applied it to the trunk lid, no unscrewing, the license plate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and we applied it to under side of the rear deck lid. Also put some on the plastic molding that is behind the seats when you fold them down and another layer on the frame where the plastic goes. I gotta say it sounds a hell of a lot better. Gonna sound a lot better if/when I get my new setup! :up2someth

2001 Maxima Se 5 speed. 60 and myself applied it to the trunk lid, no unscrewing, the license plate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and we applied it to under side of the rear deck lid. Also put some on the plastic molding that is behind the seats when you fold them down and another layer on the frame where the plastic goes. I gotta say it sounds a hell of a lot better. Gonna sound a lot better if/when I get my new setup! :up2someth

hmm. so u just directly applied it to the rear deck without actually taking it off? my 2k2 rattles like crazy so im gonna sound deaden 1 of these days. does it make it sound louder or cleaner, or both? and have you checked out maxima.org?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

John3000

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
John3000
Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date