Experimenting with W6V3 10'S. W7 12'S and now W6V3 12'

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
So as some of you may know I recently bought a full size conversion Chevy Van 2001 and I put my HO110 W6V3 in there and although it sounded good I needed a bit more. I then went out and bought a HO112R W7 and thought that was too punchy and lacked lows. I was given a drawing for a T-Line box for this W7 and built it and it sounded better , deeper and lower but still not what the W6V3 10'' gave me in regards to a softer deeper richer type bass so yesterday I went out and bought a HO112W6V3 which is basically a W6V3 12'' in a HO box. I think I may be where I need to be right about now. The W6V3 12'' HO112W6V3 is only 600-800 rms so I lack some of the ground shaking bass that the W7 in the T LINE gave me but the sound quality is so much nicer. What are peoples thoughts in comparison to these speakers? Also, I think my biggest issue will be the big air space in a van. One suggestion a while back was 2 x 15''s but its the lost space that I cant afford to lose. So just looking for opinions and or experiences. thanks fellas .

What I don't use I can sell on craigslist which is where I bought some of my stuff and if I lose a little than that is the price to pay to get what it is that I want in the end and if this doesn't work than I keep playing till I get it. No biggie....

HO112-W6v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - H.O. Wedge

HO112-W6v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - H.O. Wedge

The link above has the set up I purchased last night. The box is about 14" x 18" x 24" so its not that big so is about ideal for me. The T-Line was 42" x 16" x about 28" so it took up my whole trunk. The T-LINE was fun to build and rattled the hell out of my car. Still not the SQ that a W6V3 has though. From what I am hearing its either loud and quality or balls out loud at the cost of some quality. Its tough balancing act but I am narrowing it down. I still have to mess with this new box a bit. I am facing the box in different positions etc etc till I get what I need if I ever get it. What a difference in quality though.... the W6V3 has a much smoother bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.