Enclousre Build for Ethan (One 12 Inch Alpine Type-R)

Argent Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
1000000573.jpg

More pics coming, I just have to upload them.

Andrew

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

1000000600.jpg

1000000625.jpg

1000000627.jpg

1000000629.jpg

Andrew

can you let me know what size you use? and what staple gun? looks way better than pre drilling and then drilling!
x2

He does a web-cam session every once in a while where you can see him building inside his shop. He clamps the crap out of it then secures the pieces with the staple gun.

can you let me know what size you use? and what staple gun? looks way better than pre drilling and then drilling!
Do you have a compressor that can put out 85-95 psi? If so I will get you all the info you need about staples.

A mechanical fastener (screws, staples or brads) are just there to hold the pieces together till they dry. Staples are my weapon of choice, they are insanely cheap, strong and easy to shoot.

Andrew

Hey Andrew, any reason why you don't use brad nails?
A staple is much stronger, the crown of a staple will pull all the way through MDF and not break. Also a staple has two legs and the crowns holds the two legs together so there is no way it can really back out. A brad nail only has that tiny head to hold things together.

Andrew

When its all said and done, the glue and if applicable, any bracing is what is doing most of the work holding the box together, staples/nails are only there to keep it from shifting while the glue sets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Argent Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Argent Audio
Morgan Hill, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date