Effect Like SRTV?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Eldoggo

CarAudio.com Recruit
Canada
I listened to a 320kbps mp3 on my Pioneer headunit, and I didnt notice it had SRTV on. It really punched up the lows where you could feel it in your chest. Is there any setting on my amp or headunit that could do that punches my CDs

Amp- Hertz Hcp1d

HU- Pioneer DEH1100UB

Higher bit rate songs carry more information per second. I'd be willing to bet that a 320 kb/s song will send more voltage to your RCA's overall than say a 128 kb/s song. This is one reason why I like dubstep; much of dubstep is high quality.

It's kind of like 720p screens vs a 2k screen. It's just more data, more detail, more sound.

Higher bit rate songs carry more information per second. I'd be willing to bet that a 320 kb/s song will send more voltage to your RCA's overall than say a 128 kb/s song. This is one reason why I like dubstep; much of dubstep is high quality.

It's kind of like 720p screens vs a 2k screen. It's just more data, more detail, more sound.
Figured it out, adding a tad of the 50hz bass boost on the amp gave the same low end thump as the SRTV setting on my HU.

It just makes life so much easier. I would never buy a 2v head unit, it's such a PITA when you max out your gain and it's still not loud.
Yeah, it was my first piece of gear i bought years ago that i havent upgraded. Back then, i had no idea what rca voltage was. Luckily, with the dope sub box you designed me, i actually had to turn down the gain on my amp, as the sub was so loud it hurt a little. Lol.

Yeah, it was my first piece of gear i bought years ago that i havent upgraded. Back then, i had no idea what rca voltage was. Luckily, with the dope sub box you designed me, i actually had to turn down the gain on my amp, as the sub was so loud it hurt a little. Lol.

That's awesome! You posted any pics yet?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.