ED A - Brahma - XXX

mgaidica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
yup, i brought it up again! Well I want a nice SQ/SPL mix in a single 15" sub. I have a feeling dustin could help me on the brahma vs. A, but im still thinking about the XXX. I have been reading the XXX doesnt like some box's. I'll have like 4.0 cu ft to work with, and 1200 watts. I kinda want a ED A cause i know it will sound good and as i am going for a nice "show" looking trunk setup, the sexy lookings of ED's stuff would compliment it! Just throw some comments out theree.

in the same problem here...can't decide...all are great subs and i would take any of them:D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif lets just see what the others have to say on this;) :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

well, i have a XXX 15 in 4 cubes tuned to 32Hz, and i LOVE the way it sounds, and more importantly it is hella loud. i am more for SPL than SQ, but the XXX gives a great mix. I personally love the way the XXX looks, either way you put it in the box, regular or inverted. i would say go XXX, but thats cause thats the only one ive heard, though ive seen the other 2. all nice subs im sure. i really think this one is up to you though. hope my input helps though.

Pat

thats what i've decided on unless someone on here has a reason i should not go with the xxx...i want bad ass sql....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif but i've also heard that the brahma will get hella loud...(vid of van w/ brahmas:eek: ) hahahah

I have a 12" XXX in a 2.0 sealed box. It has great SQL even when sealed. I have a JBL 1200.1 runnin it (same as what you will have i think). I Plan to go to a ported box of about 6 cubic feet tuned to low 30's. I was in the exact same position as you were before i came to my decision. By all means, i would go with XXX. Slightly more SPL, and it has a slightly longer Xmax. You WON't regret it.

BTW, i am an extreme basshead and love TONS of bass, yet i havent even had mine up past 3/4 volume yet, since it gets stupid loud around about 3/4, if that says anything.....and its not even ported yet....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.