Eclipse SW8122.4 on Power Acoustik A2400DB Will it blow?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drummer65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys i have a Eclipse SW8122.4 that i'm using for my SQ setup. I have a A2400DB amp to power the eclipse sub but i am just worried that i might blow the sub. Its a single voice coil rated at 500 rms but i do know they can handle more. Do you guys think that amp will blow the sub? I do like to play my music loud. Also its in a ported box not sealed

Today i let my sub play at full volume for 5 minutes or so and after touched the aluminum cone of the eclipse to find that it was pretty warm. Is that normal for a sub to get warm like that or do you think its just too much power?

as long as its not distorting ur fine...just cause your amp is capable of 1500 rms doesnt mean your giving it all to ur sub..Set everything up ok and you'll have nothing to worry about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.