Eclipse H/U owners!

JL_W6_v1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
How do you guys protect your eclipse HU?

i just purchased one for a lot of money and im so paranoid of it being stolen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I love this hU and im scared!

Still doesn't seem smart. If they know what you got, then they are gonna try to take it out/ break it. People are stupid, if they don't like you or something they might mess with your stuff.

ahhh putting stickers in a visible area saying what you have inside of your car is stupid. Think about this people who take things aren't really the smartest people to walk on this earth. Do you really think thieves would know about the security cd? even if they do they will still attempt to take it, if they can't get it to work more then likely they will just sell it or throw it away.

now being serious. Just don't go around town bragging about getting a new eclipse H/U. also tint your windows, and last install an alarm.

I ran eclipse decks for a decade....zero theft issues. People get detach face decks stolen all the time(with or without faceplates attached) so detach face certainly is not fool proof setup(especially when many never take the faceplates off anyway).

Keep a low profile, turn your system down when you get close to home, don't show off your system to strangers, no steal me stickers, etc.... THAT stuff is much more important to keeping your system secure than what type of security your deck has, imo.

if you had it installed by an authorized Eclipse Retailer, it comes with a 1 year theft warranty( you need to mail in the card). If it gets stolen during the first year, they (eclipse, not who you bought it from) will replace it, with the appropriate police papaerwork of course.

what if the year warranty ends ;P

what if......you get struck by lightning? seriously any aftermarket deck user has the same problem, the majority of faceplate users never remove it or do so and leave it in the car....to truck up and down w/a radio faceplate on you these days is pretty ghey IMO

At least you should have the piece of mind that its replaceable within a year if stolen, and you are covered by a 3yr warranty against malfunction if installed by a dealer- Most thieves out there that would take their time to steal a HU out of a car most likely know what they are looking for- ESN has been out for many years , those who steal caraudio know

If you are that worried- do what EVERYONE who invests in a system should do-invest in an aftermarket alarm and protect your stuff- because they'll be checking for much more in your car than a HU if they break in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.