Eclipse Decks ? ?? ? ???

Vengure
10+ year member

Thunder Master
LA
Im currently debating on which eclipse deck to get the 8053 or the 8443 they pretty much have same features just the 8053 have 16volt preamp outputs and no internal amp and the 8443 has 8v preamps and 50x4 mosfet internal amp . Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Differences:

8443 has

internal power

credit card remote

no digital in

no balanced outputs

cheaper price(and maybe much cheaper since it is an 03 model and you may find it on clearance cheaper than the retail price of $419(many have found it cheaper than that in the last month or so)

no internal power

nob remote

balanced outs

digital in

will still be an 04 model so the price of $549 should remain throughout this year.

I have the 8053 and love it. However, I think the 8443 would be more than enough for nearly everybody looking at the 2 decks.

Well if money is no object go ahead and get the 8053.I personally have the 8443 and got it at close out.Both top of the line decks IMO.With full warranty.With new models comming out and if ur on somewhat of a budget grab the 8443 before ur local dealer doesnt have them anymore.U wont be dissappointed with either of these decks.

i finally got my 8053 today and i am very impressed with this deck initially.

i havent had time to fool with it, but i did notice a good sound difference right out of the box (it replaced a clarion 835mp, which was a great deck also).

i'm gonna read through the manual, and mess with the deck in the morning, but so far, its a great deck.

i get easily impressed with little things, and one thing that i noticed very quickly was that if there is a cd in the deck, the "open" button lights up amber, but if there is no cd, it lights up green. i have a feeling that eclipse covered everything with this deck, and then took some time to cover the small details.

I wiolud go with the 8053...less to go wrong with the deck without the internal amps...you are going to use external anyways
In 8 yrs of being around car audio,i have never in my life had any probs with ANY high end head unit with an internal amp inside.

i finally got my 8053 today and i am very impressed with this deck initially.i havent had time to fool with it, but i did notice a good sound difference right out of the box (it replaced a clarion 835mp, which was a great deck also).

i'm gonna read through the manual, and mess with the deck in the morning, but so far, its a great deck.

i get easily impressed with little things, and one thing that i noticed very quickly was that if there is a cd in the deck, the "open" button lights up amber, but if there is no cd, it lights up green. i have a feeling that eclipse covered everything with this deck, and then took some time to cover the small details.
I ran a clarion 835mp for a few months before getting the 8053. Yes, the 835mp is a nice deck, but, imo, the 8053 was clearly a better sounding deck. It was so much

smoother sounding.

I'm not sure, but I think all newer Eclipse decks have balanced outputs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I'm not sure, but I think all newer Eclipse decks have balanced outputs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Nope, they have had 1 model per year usually.

2001 CD8061

2002 CD8062

2003-2004 CD8053

They had some before those I believe, but I don't know the model numbers off the top of my head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.