Eclipse AVN726E - Anyone have any info?

This looks like a great unit. I'm curious how it measures up to Kenwood's new 9140. I think Eclipse's looks are a lot sexier.

Talk to eclipse 2day (not our rep) an they told us that we will have them in the shop on thursday..which means in my car by thursday night (lol). come on U.P.S

Hello! We're new to this site, but just bought and installed the new Eclipse AVN726E to our Hummer H2. Let me just say, we've done lots of comparing, and for the price and functions......way awesome! No problems, tons of functions....DVD, Nav, bluetooth, back-up camera, etc. All in one touch screen. the picture? Perfect for movies! A+++

Hello! We're new to this site, but just bought and installed the new Eclipse AVN726E to our Hummer H2. Let me just say, we've done lots of comparing, and for the price and functions......way awesome! No problems, tons of functions....DVD, Nav, bluetooth, back-up camera, etc. All in one touch screen. the picture? Perfect for movies! A+++
what are you going to do in a year when hummer no longer exists?

what are you going to do in a year when hummer no longer exists?
I am not the person with the Hummer, but I dont understand your question.

I would assume nothing would happen. The car wont implode or get repossessed. They will keep driving it. The H2 is a GM vehicle, which means any warranty or factory work needed can still be done to it and parts must still be made for it for another 10 years. Even if GM dissolves, there will be back up from the government and the aftermarket.

So in short, I can answer the question for them.......they will do nothing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Well they showed up today and all i have too say is holly **** this thing is bad ass.....

The navi is great an the display is crystal clear.

movies look great as well.. the i-pod works great/ pretty fast

the down side the EQ is very basic bass/mid/trouble. an of course you cant go active.

I will post pics in the morning along with more of a review.

Yes, even though the 726E looks quite good, it is lacking a lot of advanced features. I downloaded manuals of both the 726E and the DNX9140 and did a quick read/compare. Overall, I much prefer the layout and menus etc of the Eclipse. Clean interface with well-placed buttons etc, whereas the 9140 is more complicated and not as intuitive. However the features are much better on the DNX9140. Here is a list of all that is missing from the 726E (pls correct if something is not right!):

Features AVN726E DNX9140

Time Alignment x Yes

Multi-Band EQ x Yes

Crossovers x Yes

2 USB Ports x Yes

USB + iPod Video together x Yes

USB Video x Yes

Dual Zone x Yes

5.1 Outputs x Yes

Voice Control x Yes

24 Bit DAC x Yes

The NAV on Kenwood is of course Garmin+Navteq; Eclipse has NAVTEQ maps on this, but s/w is not Garmin; which is not too bad as the maps will at least be more accurate than other units such as Alpine or Pioneer.

I will probably wait for the 9140 to see a demo if it becomes available and decide whether the interface can be lived with. If yes, I may go for the extra features, else get an eclipse.

Anyone know when the DNX9140 is being released?

Looking forward to hands-on reviews!

i think ive gotten past the phase of needed all kinds of adjustments. I still have an Eclipse 30 band EQ that I can hook up to it if I feel I need it. Looks like ebay dealers have some so its only a matter of time til they get under $1000

2 Guard - Do you get album art with the iPod? None of the pics in the manual show it, so I assumed no, but would like to hear first-hand confirmation.

Also, do you have the iPod connected for video? If yes, how are the controls etc for that?

they will pay out there ******* to get it fixed when warranty isnt valid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.