• Participant list

Upgrayedd
10+ year member

Double dose of the pimpin
Ohio
Item(s) for Sale:

Dynaco ST-150

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used. Good. No wood side panels, has some scratches.

Specifications:

Power Output Ratings: Less than 0.25% total harmonic distortion at any power level up to 75 watts continuous average power per channel into 8 ohms (40 watts per channel into 16 ohms, or 150 watts monophonically into 8 ohms) at any frequency between 20 Hz and 20 KHz with both channels driven. Distortion reduces at lower levels.

Available Power Output:

20 Hz to 20 KHz, both channels driven:

75 watts continuous average per channel @ 8 ohms;

100 watts continuous average per channel @ 4 ohms;

40 watts continuous average per channel @ 16 ohms.

Monophonically, 20 Hz to 20 KHz:

150 watts continuous average per channel @ 8 ohms;

Intermodulation Distortion: Less than 0.25% at any power level up to 75 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms with any combination of test frequencies. Distortion reduces at lower power levels. Power at Clipping, single channel, 2500 Hz, less than 1% distortion:

90 watts @ 8 ohms;

130 watts @ 4 ohms;

45 watts @ 16 ohms.

Half-power bandwidth: 37.5 watts per channel at less than 0.25% total harmonic distortion from 5 Hz to 40 KHz into 8 ohms.

Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB, 10 Hz to 40 KHz @ 1 watt into 8 ohms; ±0.5 dB, 20 Hz - 20 KHz @ 75 watts.

Hum and Noise: Greater than 95 dB below rated output, full spectrum.

Input: 35,000 ohm load; 1.0 volt for 75 watts @ 8 ohms.

Slewing Rate: 5 volts per microsecond.

Output Impedances: 4, 8, and 16 ohms each channel.

Damping Factor:

Greater than 80 to 1 KHz into 8 ohms;

Greater than 50 to 10 KHz into 8 ohms.

Channel Separation: Greater than 70 dB by IHF standards.

Connectors: Inputs: phono jacks. Outputs: Color coded 3-way binding posts with standard 3/4" spacing.

Dimensions: 14-1/2" wide, 13-3/4" deep, 6-5/8" high.

Weight: Shipping weight 34 lbs; Net weight 29 lbs.

Power Consumption: 60 VA quiescent; 5 amps maximum; 50/60 Hz, 120/240 VAC.

Designed by:

Harry Klaus

Price:

$150

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping at buyers expense

2012-01-21224711.jpg

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

wow.... can no-one tell what this is? it should do every bit of 500rms if you ask it to... like my dennon, which is a "200watt" that pumps out over 1krms mono.... if shipping didn't kill me, i'd probably pick it up.

I dont know about 500 without some serious mods. Maybe from a stereo 410. Still, out of the box it is a great transparent amp for the dough. There are a lot of mods you can do them if you are into that kind of thing. At this point I'm about to use it for the sub in my stereo setup since you cant get a similar power chinamade plate amp for the money.

it's 300rms @8ohm stereo under 1%thd, and will do 4ohm stereo/8ohm mono. iirc, you cannot even discern 5% or more thd. and, a big factor of the distortion rating, is that some of the power supply noise bleeds through at high power levels, not that it's maxed out. i would clamp it. if it was feasible for me to buy it and not get robbed to ship it, i would refresh/upgrade any silicon transistors and caps, upgrade the filtering with a new inductor, and enjoy every bit of that power undistorted on a pair of old school 15's... wouldn't even have to mod off a meter, lol. either way, this would make for one of the loudest home amps 99% of people will experience nowadays. this post mcd jcp sales? i am planning on using my dennon for a sub amp, as well. getting harder and harder to find the matching non-"a" poa mono's to do a full setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Upgrayedd

10+ year member
Double dose of the pimpin
Upgrayedd
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies