DVD head unit and rear monitors/wireless headphones

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kpack

WA
Hi all,

First post here and looking for a bit of guidance. I purchased a used truck a few months ago (2005 Tundra double cab) and it had an aftermarket DVD system put in with dual headrest monitors and infrared headphone capability. The DVD was mounted in the center console and was broken. I removed it and the factory CD changer and tried to clean up the wiring. It was a disaster under the center console. I'm not experienced at A/V installs but I felt even I could do a better job putting everything together.

Long story short I installed a Pioneer AVH-x3700BHS, cleaned up the wiring, and was successful in getting the old headrest monitors and infrared headphone system to work.

Here's my problem though....the infrared transmitter is hooked up to the same RCA outs as the rest of the speakers, so when the kids have their headphones on I have to listen to the movie at the same time (I can quote every line of Frozen now). If I turn it down at the head unit, it turns it down for the IR transmitter at the same time.

Is there some way to get around this?? I'd like to have the output to the IR transmitter at a constant level, while still being able to turn down the audio vehicles speakers. Better yet, it'd be great to send the DVD audio to the IR transmitter while still being able to listen to my own stuff, but I assume I need a two-part system like what was installed before.

Thanks in advance!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.