Dual wiring question!

Tjwubs2016

Hey guys just a quick question I need help with, I bought a "0 gauge wiring kit" of ebay... First mistake it was $20 and the zero gauge isn't exactly 0 gauge although its pretty thick but not as thick as I would like (Skyhighpower thick). I ordered some Skyhighpower cable so I know it will be the size I want but I don't wanna just throw this decent wire in the trash. Can I run both to the amp? Or will the two sizes cause issues? I feel as though it wouldn't matter since it couldn't technically be just one big wire if I twisted them together. I would like to get a dual input for the wires if it won't cause electrical issues. Thanks!!

The "cheap" wiring kits usually the outside jacket/protective size that keeps the strands of wire together are usually thicker than more good brands out there to make the consumer "think" it's 1/0 gauge but could be 2 or 4 gauge or so.

Hey guys just a quick question I need help with, I bought a "0 gauge wiring kit" of ebay... First mistake it was $20 and the zero gauge isn't exactly 0 gauge although its pretty thick but not as thick as I would like (Skyhighpower thick). I ordered some Skyhighpower cable so I know it will be the size I want but I don't wanna just throw this decent wire in the trash. Can I run both to the amp? Or will the two sizes cause issues? I feel as though it wouldn't matter since it couldn't technically be just one big wire if I twisted them together. I would like to get a dual input for the wires if it won't cause electrical issues. Thanks!!
Another case of "you get what you pay for". The good stuff always costs. You can always run two thinner wires in parallel for power and ground, Just be sure the connections don't obviate all the measures you went to to insure a low resistance connection! You can completely obviate the best thickest lowest resistance cable with a bad terminal (high resistance) connection.

John Kuthe...

Another case of "you get what you pay for". The good stuff always costs. You can always run two thinner wires in parallel for power and ground, Just be sure the connections don't obviate all the measures you went to to insure a low resistance connection! You can completely obviate the best thickest lowest resistance cable with a bad terminal (high resistance) connection.
John Kuthe...
U sounds like a retarded robot

Right I figured that but it is pretty big wire but not sky high big. Can I run them both together? It's not like amp will know I'm running 2 different sizes together it will see a combination of strands right?

Right I figured that but it is pretty big wire but not sky high big. Can I run them both together? It's not like amp will know I'm running 2 different sizes together it will see a combination of strands right?
Correct. All your amps know is the total resistance in the wires. It does not know or care about how many strands of wire it takes to get that low resistance, end to end. Just make sure each strand has the same low resistance, else things like "ground loops" can occur. And this is where running two different sized cables can have deleterious effects. Best to have one big fat low resistance cable for 12V+ and gnd, each. But you may be able to run two slightly different sized cables and not get too much/many deleterious looping effects.

John Kuthe...

Correct. All your amps know is the total resistance in the wires. It does not know or care about how many strands of wire it takes to get that low resistance, end to end. Just make sure each strand has the same low resistance, else things like "ground loops" can occur. And this is where running two different sized cables can have deleterious effects. Best to have one big fat low resistance cable for 12V+ and gnd, each. But you may be able to run two slightly different sized cables and not get too much/many deleterious looping effects.
John Kuthe...

Yes john i will be running a 15 foot sky high power, a 15 foot ebay power, a 3 foot Skyhighpower ground and a 3 foot ebay ground. Just so everything matches. Would that be good? Also running a 220 inline fuse

Yes john i will be running a 15 foot sky high power, a 15 foot ebay power, a 3 foot Skyhighpower ground and a 3 foot ebay ground. Just so everything matches. Would that be good? Also running a 220 inline fuse
Please do not ask that retard any questions, he is the dumbest person on this forum by far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.