Do i need speakers if i got 2 subs

sorry im N00b to this stuff........so do i need speakers if i got 2 12" subs. Also what is a good amp for 2 sony 12" subs.

Hi ...

sure man u need a good speakers

if u r looking 4 agood sound it ll be the steps

1-good head unit

2-speakers

3-midi amp 4 the speakers

4-tweeters 4 the front

& now u r ready 4 subs with strong amp & if u r lookin 4 a perfect try to install an eqo. with subs control

Thx

subwoofers are only geared towards a very small portion of the audio spectrum, the lows. you also need to cover everything above about 100 hz.. all teh way to 20,000 hz. you will probably need a decent set of coaxials up front (2 or 3 way speakers). of course, most cars have stock speakers, and if you're happy with those, then you should be ok.

Personally I think the front speakers are just as important as the low-end (rear), but to bad my car ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif (hint: 92cavailer/dash mount/3.5”opening= cant do much there). Yeah; I would say you should get some decent front coaxiles (2-ways, the 3-ways are just a waist of $), and better yet “good” components are the way to go. Don’t worry to much about getting a “good” amp since you just have Sony subs (unless there ES’s; those are pretty nice).

Ps.----Just my opinion---

well it all depends man.

1. what do you care about most people hearing you come down the street or how the music sounds to you in you car.

if it is the first just throw one of sony's mono amps and crank it up.

if it is the 2nd get something better to listen to besides those factory paper speakers

If a guy asks a question why not just answer it or move on, why put down his choices or lack of knowledge. If when you were just starting out and every question you asked was put down and ridiculed would you have gained the knowledge you now possess. lighten up. Peace. CC

Personally I think the front speakers are just as important as the low-end (rear), but to bad my car ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif (hint: 92cavailer/dash mount/3.5”opening= cant do much there). Yeah; I would say you should get some decent front coaxiles (2-ways, the 3-ways are just a waist of $), and better yet “good” components are the way to go. Don’t worry to much about getting a “good” amp since you just have Sony subs (unless there ES’s; those are pretty nice).
Ps.----Just my opinion---

u plan on gettin a bimmer ? im likin the avatar...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.