Do I Need A Stiffing Cap

Pimpinprix98

OK i ahev a 1998 Grand Prix Se. Stock motor altenator ect.i recently installed a system. I urchased a bazooka el2100 and mtx 4000a series sub and q-logic box. The amp draws 40 amps. is it nessary for to buy astrike cap. or will it be ok. i dont want to hurt my batteria or altenator

well it depends on what your alternator is rated for

if its around 100 amp it should be able to handle up to about a 500 watt system or so

i cant really remember so if im wrong someone let me know

Originally posted by Pimpinprix98 Where could i find th eout put of my alenator? its been installed since mothers day not once has the low bat light came on! but i dont wanna hurt it.thnx mike

There should be a little sticker on the alternator itself. But I don't believe you need to worry about it. You aren't going to be running enough power to worry about it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So. The final idea? yes or no? please give me a true answer. and if i do need one how many micro fradds and stuff? 1.0? and also what deminsions should i use for my pionner free air 450 watt sub i was going to upgrade from 1 10" mtx:confused:

Originally posted by Pimpinprix98 So. The final idea? yes or no? please give me a true answer. and if i do need one how many micro fradds and stuff? 1.0? and also what deminsions should i use for my pionner free air 450 watt sub i was going to upgrade from 1 10" mtx:confused:

If your lights just dim slightly, and it bothers you. Go ahead and get a 1 farad cap.

Most free air subs don't use boxes hence the name free air. It needs to be mounted on a baffle ( piece of MDF ). And the baffle mounted so that it completely seals the air in front of the baffle from the air behind the baffle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Most are mounted in the trunk.

*disclaimer* I said MOST free air or infinite baffle subs are mounted this way. Not all. Some actually work in an enclosure. You would have to run the parameters through something such as winisd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.