distorted vison when bass hits..

substance
10+ year member

houston
Someone at best buy told me a while ago that he used to compete. he had some small truck like mine but with like 6 12's or some **** and he said that it hit soo hard that on the freeway he could see rims on other peoples cars that were moving; stop rotating for a split second during certain bass frequencies. Anyways i thought that was a bunch of ****, and didnt believe him, but i was stuck in traffice today watching other cars pass me going the oppisite way and was listening to my system full blast and it was weird i looked at the rims on the other cars and they didnt stop, but it almost looked like they slowed down or were going the other direction. i thought i was trippin, but ive noticed this happen alot when i play songs with higher bass frequenices.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?

and no im not trippin..

but this isnt permanent. my vision is fine. its like my eyes shake in my head when it basses. at least the sunglasses on my face vibrate. and if a cigerettes in my mouth it does sometimes.

Used to happen to me. If I stared at the people's car infront of me, their license plate and tail lights and stuff would appear to vibrate with the bass (because it was blurring my vision). 'Course, that was back in the day when I was into the big bass thing........

bass is just soo addictive to me. i know its bad for me, but i still listen to it even though my ear hurts sometime. I guess bass is a drug and Loneranger OD'd

heres an idea get a long ass nail ohh about 14 inchs should do put it in you right eye next get a big ass hammer and hit real hard.... because thats what your doing to your ears... i mean bumping it up loud every now and then is cool i do and know better but to sit in a car that distorts your vision and to do it constantly is just abuse

First its not rattling your eyeballs in your head (i takes alot to do that such as jumping up and down) they are secured by 6 muscles and the optic nerve. What it is doing is agitating a jelly like substance in the center of your eyeball called Vitreous Humor which in turn is causing the light entering the eye to become distorted and thus not able to be processed correctly. What can happen such as in lonerangers case, Is the internal preasure of the eye along with increased SPL can cause some nice thing such as vessel rupture and floaters which is not a nice thing

is this thread a joke? have you not seen car commercials where it looks the same or when you are driving on the freeway when not bassing out? its an illusion, but its not caused because of bass. im not a physics major but i know its normal.. not because you have a big ass system yo!

you have the shivas hooked up yet? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif im not doubting your eyes will "blur" but the whole rim thing is not because of bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.