difference b/w windows up and down??

Participant count
  • Participant list

snfsh79077
10+ year member

Ladie's like my pole
ok so i have a single cab truck with two tens in a 3.8 cuft ported box. i have an indash db reader and experience close to an 8 db difference when i have the windows down. is this normal or what? the reason im asking is if i were to compete in a bass comp should i have the windows down? sounds like it defeats the purpose of pressure but its my results.

your RTA isnt reading pressure, it is reading velocity, which is why it seems contradictory to what should be happening.

in a competition, often times they mandate whether or not your windows need to be up or down. also, its going to affect the score depending on where the mic is placed.

what kind of DB reader? and pics of stripper pole in bed of truck!!!.. I have a friend who has a 4db increase with windows down.. he once hit 133db sealed then 136db with windows down.. now his new setup does 142.5db windows up and 146.2DB with em down

i have an epic-160 in the dash and with the windows up it will read as high as 133db but with the windows down ive seen numbers of 142dbs. how do i post regular size pictures? i tried to attachment thing and it will only allow sizes of 29kb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.