Did I get hosed? Also what's causing my sub distortion?

Ub3rn00ber

Hi I'm new here and had a few questions. Mainly because I'm about to drop a system in another car I own and want to know if I was treated right by cj audio sounds on gessner in Houston on my last car.

Here is what is in there:

Diamond audio 600.1

Diamond audio 600.4

2x Diamond audio 10" d3

Custom box wrapped in vinyl with foam padding

Morel hybrid ovation 6.5 front

Morel integra ovation 6.5 back

Bass knob

Everything wired and installed for about 2,000

From a different shop I got a 930bt head unit for 600$ installed

And in my wifes car I got (from stereo max)

2x pro comp single hole boxes

2x d1 10" 2 ohm

RCA converter

Bass nob

Wired and installed with my amp for $290

How did I do on those 3 deals?

I'm going to add a system to my jeep and want to know if I should go back to cj, I'm happy with the work and sound, I just don't know about the price?

Also the system in my car with the d3s distorts on high volume, could it be my alt dosnt put out enough juice? Should I add a 2nd batt?

Thanks for the help

Hi I'm new here and had a few questions. Mainly because I'm about to drop a system in another car I own and want to know if I was treated right by cj audio sounds on gessner in Houston on my last car.
Here is what is in there:

Diamond audio 600.1

Diamond audio 600.4

2x Diamond audio 10" d3

Custom box wrapped in vinyl with foam padding

Morel hybrid ovation 6.5 front

Morel integra ovation 6.5 back

Bass knob

Everything wired and installed for about 2,000

From a different shop I got a 930bt head unit for 600$ installed

And in my wifes car I got (from stereo max)

2x pro comp single hole boxes

2x d1 10" 2 ohm

RCA converter

Bass nob

Wired and installed with my amp for $290

How did I do on those 3 deals?

I'm going to add a system to my jeep and want to know if I should go back to cj, I'm happy with the work and sound, I just don't know about the price?

Also the system in my car with the d3s distorts on high volume, could it be my alt dosnt put out enough juice? Should I add a 2nd batt?

Thanks for the help
I don't know. Everyone is going to tell you that you got screwed but they've never ran a business before so their opinion isn't worth a crap. You probably did ok for having shops install it all.

Well you could buy better gear and install everything yourself for cheaper. I personally wouldn't have done any of those deals, but that's just me.

And the reason you distort is because you are turning the volume up higher than what your amps gains are set to and you're sending a clipped signal to your subs.

Not bad..They seem to have done you fair being in buisness.Ive seen alot of people get screwed.I was in houston a long time ago, off of 610 .There used to be a stereo shop on the bridge at 45/610 great location.Were about to close up, I just needed a couple 60amp Agu fuses, and a HS kid was getting his stuff installed, and they left wiring all out slammed every where, amps mounted crooked and speakers bulging out from the panels subs werent centered in the cut outs(tried to put 10 in a 12 box ect.I looked at him and said hey is that your car in there man?He said ya.I said man.. thats my car for the moment, and im your big brother rt now, i just got off work and came by to see little brother getting my car done up,I stayed there, and made sure that kid wasnt getting screwed for his $1600,00 bucks,I told them I wasnt leaving that place till my car was done correctly,and im not paying for trashed install!Or get that crap out of my car and put mine back into working order as it was when it was pulled up in here.They fixed it, but took them like 5hrs after closing, I questioned what I didnt like, and it was done as supposed too.The kid was happier than when I showed up, and I felt like those guys were taking advantage/ripping the kid off rt in front of me.I had him go get us something to eat, while I watched.You dont know what those guys do anymore,They throw stuff inthere, and slap it in when youre not looking,or dont know what the hell is going on.I have ran into that same deal a couple times man.Thats hard earned money being spent,Kid just didnt know.I just couldnt justify knowing, and seeing the kid getting ripped rt in front of me ya know.Maybe You got a good install, maybe you think you did. but do you know where your wires are ran, and what wire goes to what?Watch the install, question it if you think its wrong,and make them change it and do it rt,You are just another $$500 dollar bill in the car bay to them ..nothing more 9xs out of 10:boink: Sure i sat and watched for 5 hrs, didnt bother me at the least,and I have done that on more than 5 ocassions.So if you are that guy/kid from Houston that I lost contact with,Just letting you know ..Im still Kicking..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bigwave.gif.16324171cad2db62cf4f16568b038478.gif

Do it yourself. No one cares more about your car/equipment then you do. I want leave my car with anyone as I don't trust anyone. If I need to take to a mech if he can't fix it while I am there then I go somewhere else. You can install anything with just the help of this forum and a little reading. Save that money and put it somewhere else.

This is Kevin the owner of Cj Sounds and for what its worth that car sounded fantastic when it left. However, make no mistake we are in the business to make money but not to rip anyone off. Any concerns from any of our customers are welcome and when anyone comes in I let them know that we are not the cheapest place in town. But with our attention to detail, product knowledge, and lifetime warranty on labor we feel we charge everyone a fair price. Lastly, there we less expensive amps, speakers we could have put in but this is what he chose.

Thanks,

This is Kevin the owner of Cj Sounds and for what its worth that car sounded fantastic when it left. However, make no mistake we are in the business to make money but not to rip anyone off. Any concerns from any of our customers are welcome and when anyone comes in I let them know that we are not the cheapest place in town. But with our attention to detail, product knowledge, and lifetime warranty on labor we feel we charge everyone a fair price. Lastly, there we less expensive amps, speakers we could have put in but this is what he chose.Thanks,
Sounds like an upstanding guy to me. 2k isn't bad for having a complete system put in for you with a lifetime labor warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.