debadged.... "extreme" dirt

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
I just used fishing line and then removed all the adhesive remaining. When i did that i had dark spots surrounding all the letters like dirt that just sat for a long time. It is also inbetween the little spokes of the toyota emblem. I tried regular soap and water and that wasnt even coming close to doing anything. Any suggestions on how to remove this dirt?

Don't use brake cleaner.

Go to a paint store, and get 40% universal paint reducer. Put that on a rag, and wipe it. Also have a wet rag with water to wipe off the reducer so it doesn't sit on it and eat the paint.

x2, but the reducer will eat right thru it, so you don't have to sit there with a clay bar for a while.
I just dont really trust myself, and i wouldnt want to have to repaint my trunk if i messed something up. I could start with a diluted solution and then increase if necessary.

claybar is the **** that is used wen waxing a car ,, if you run your hand over you paint and it has like a 1000 grit sand paper feel you take a clay bar an rub it on the paint,, kind of like a bar of soap

Go to a body shop/paint store and buy one. You can get one at Walmart or the auto parts store, but it's the little tiny 80g one in the $17 Mothers package.

The one in a auto body paint store is about 10 times the size, and about $25-$30.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.