DD M2c / M2b or similar quality amp in that range

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm trying to do most of this by learning what I can but I'm working with a guy at my local shop who I run everything by. He's set me straight on a few things so far. But thanks for looking out for me.
But yeah, if I can get an $800 board for a decent price (I've already seen them from $375-$550 shipped) then I'd rather go that route. I plan to do more upgrades as time goes on so getting that will allow me more room in the future.

And I'm having all OFC cables run in my car along with a 1/0 power cable and 1/0 OFC for the big 3 upgrade.
If you've run by him that you want to run that amp at 0.5 ohms on stock electrical and he confirmed, you need to run from him. I think you're just more convinced because you've spoken to this guy in person or on the phone and this is less direct. If you want, I can pm you my number and we can talk it out. I'm not being funny or anything. You're heading for a mess with this advice.

i mean that by the literal sense lol DD is owned by the dad and SQ is owned by zack the son. They build their woofers and amps the same methods lol. DD name gets marked up very high. Soundqubed has been proven in the competition lanes very often already, puts out great power and very reliable.

If you've run by him that you want to run that amp at 0.5 ohms on stock electrical and he confirmed, you need to run from him. I think you're just more convinced because you've spoken to this guy in person or on the phone and this is less direct. If you want, I can pm you my number and we can talk it out. I'm not being funny or anything. You're heading for a mess with this advice.
No no. He didn't tell me that at all. In fact, I've not even mentioned it to him yet. I was doing research and found out, like you've confirmed also, that those amps are of good quality. The only thing I've told him is that I wanted to run 2 12"s instead of a 15".

He actually does competitions and is sponsored by McLaren and some different people. He showed me his new setup for his truck today with a **** load of stuff and it was hard to breath inside his truck when the bass hit. I've never experienced anything like that before. Was like 6-8 speakers in each door, 2 super-tweeters in each door, 4+ tweeters on each side in the a pillar* or whatever they're called, 8 huge subs behind the seats in custom holder thing with a bunch of other stuff.

I'll never get anything like that but it was very interesting to see what was possible

I definitely plan on looking into Soundqubed tomorrow, but I've already bought the DD c5d so that's pretty much settled for the front hertz HSK165XL. The rest is still negotiable

It's after 3am atm though so I'm going to bed. Thanks for the help and advice tonight. Take care

Found that Soundqubed used to be called Audioque but changed their name after trying to trademark it and got sued by another company. Found out a lot of other stuff too but was then offered a NIB M2c with warranty from authorized dealer for under $470 shipped so I went ahead and purchased that amp.

Main reason being that for close to same price new I've seen the DD M2c sale used for close to that cost so resale will be easier if I decide to go that route

Found that Soundqubed used to be called Audioque but changed their name after trying to trademark it and got sued by another company. Found out a lot of other stuff too but was then offered a NIB M2c with warranty from authorized dealer for $460 shipped so I went ahead and purchased that amp.
Main reason being that for close to same price new I've seen the DD M2c sale used for close to that cost so resale will be easier if I decide to go that route
That's a deal. You're gonna spill which dealer this is, right? So we can all take advantage!

That's a deal. You're gonna spill which dealer this is, right? So we can all take advantage!
Lol. He's the dealer they came from/warrantied through but the amps were actually from a friend of his. I was told that his friend decided to go with a few of the M5 instead of 4 M2c's so he was selling them off. I don't think he has anymore and it was from a different forum. He wasn't even advertising them, I just saw a post of his from last year about a DD amp for sale and asked if he still had it.

Just luck that I messaged him I guess

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.