DD M2c / M2b or similar quality amp in that range

Participant count
  • Participant list
Those are nice too but like I said, trying to stay with stock electrical and 2 of those + 2 150RMS speakers would make that very difficult.
But regardless of what I do with I'm gonna need an amp so +1 brownie point for anyone with an M2c or M2b amp
More powerful subs won't make you need to do electrical upgrades. Soundqubed is more than 2 times cheaper than the RF woofers and is also rated 1200W rms. I'm not just saying that you'll regret spending that much if you ever heard a setup with those. If you want RF just for the sake of wanting RF, go for it.

And just to add some background info, I've never purchased an aftermarket upgrade for car audio before. Everything I know at this point is from about 1.5-2 weeks of research and learning.

Didn't even know what an amp did or anything about RMS or different resistance levels, amp class pro's and con's, vehicle electrical modifications, or literally anything else related to this stuff before 2 weeks ago.

$448 for 2 T1D212's shipped to my door brand new with warranty isn't a bad price. Hopefully I'll find then cheaper before I order them but still not bad
yeah its actually not bad. Just hope its not B stock or refurbished sold as new. Some places might pull stuff like that.

$448 for 2 T1D212's shipped to my door brand new with warranty isn't a bad price. Hopefully I'll find then cheaper before I order them but still not bad
Not a bad price, that's true. Though, what we suggested is even better. For $100 less shipped to your door, brand new, with warranty.

Btw, you're ordering 2 DVC 2 ohm woofers and looking for a 1 ohm stable amp.

Here's a re-link of the site, you can check them out for your future purchases if you want. They claim new and sealed in box items
Rockford Fosgate T1D212 (T1D2-12)
there's other places like sonicelectronix that claim its new but plenty of people got B-stock junk. I'm telling you this so you can take precautions. An unboxing video is always needed for deals that seem too good to be true.

Not a bad price, that's true. Though, what we suggested is even better. For $100 less shipped to your door, brand new, with warranty.
Btw, you're ordering 2 DVC 2 ohm woofers and looking for a 1 ohm stable amp.
Yeah, I haven't decided yet if I'm going with the T1D212 or the T1D412 yet. But since they're the exact same in every way except for that I've just been using the D2 as my reference.

But are you saying an M2c wouldn't work with the D2's?

And just to add some background info, I've never purchased an aftermarket upgrade for car audio before. Everything I know at this point is from about 1.5-2 weeks of research and learning.
Didn't even know what an amp did or anything about RMS or different resistance levels, amp class pro's and con's, vehicle electrical modifications, or literally anything else related to this stuff before 2 weeks ago.
So I really recommend you slow down because you sound so set on your equipment as if you've been listening to it for years. And you're about to order the woofers with the wrong VC config for your setup. If you do some more research, you'll quickly see that people with well performing setups do not run RF. I know once you start learning, things start to make sense in the weird way, but you have to fight it.

This happened to me when I was "learning." I just couldn't be convinced that a 1ch amp can power 2 subs. So I got a 2ch that drained my electrical like none other.

Yeah, I haven't decided yet if I'm going with the T1D212 or the T1D412 yet. But since they're the exact same in every way except for that I've just been using the D2 as my reference.
But are you saying an M2c wouldn't work with the D2's?
It'll definitely work, but I doubt that's what you're after. You're blindly after an amp. It does full power at 1 ohm. 2 DVC 2 ohm subs can be wired to 0.5, 2, and 8 ohms. 0.5 is unsafe and 8 is too high, so you're stuck with 2. That amp does 1.7kw into 1 ohm. It does probably around half that at 2 ohms, so about 900watts. So you were about to spend $400+ on 900 watts. You need DVC 4 ohm version to wire down to 1 ohm.

As you can see, I own that amp, and it is nice. For your application, you'll be just fine with soundqubed q-2200, which is 429 shipped brand new.

It'll definitely work, but I doubt that's what you're after. You're blindly after an amp. It does full power at 1 ohm. 2 DVC 2 ohm subs can be wired to 0.5, 2, and 8 ohms. 0.5 is unsafe and 8 is too high, so you're stuck with 2. That amp does 1.7kw into 1 ohm. It does probably around half that at 2 ohms, so about 900watts. So you were about to spend $400+ on 900 watts. You need DVC 4 ohm version to wire down to 1 ohm.
As you can see, I own that amp, and it is nice. For your application, you'll be just fine with soundqubed q-2200, which is 429 shipped brand new.
I'd read that the M2b can do .5 ohm easily and even .25 ohm (which I wouldn't do). One reason I was considering it due to having standard electrical equipment in car

I'd read that the M2b can do .5 ohm easily and even .25 ohm (which I wouldn't do). One reason I was considering it due to having standard electrical equipment in car
Biggest advice I can give you is to never assume anything when it comes to this. It probably can run at 0.5 ohms. You also said earlier you have to have stock electrical. Those 2 things do not go together. 0.5 ohm applications are for solid electrical systems, not stock. Luckily, we caught you before you dumped all the money.

Are you still convinced you need an $800 amp and questionable RF subs?

Biggest advice I can give you is to never assume anything when it comes to this. It probably can run at 0.5 ohms. You also said earlier you have to have stock electrical. Those 2 things do not go together. 0.5 ohm applications are for solid electrical systems, not stock. Luckily, we caught you before you dumped all the money.
Are you still convinced you need an $800 amp and questionable RF subs?
I'm trying to do most of this by learning what I can but I'm working with a guy at my local shop who I run everything by. He's set me straight on a few things so far. But thanks for looking out for me.

But yeah, if I can get an $800 board for a decent price (I've already seen them from $375-$550 shipped) then I'd rather go that route. I plan to do more upgrades as time goes on so getting that will allow me more room in the future.

And I'm having all OFC cables run in my car along with a 1/0 power cable and 1/0 OFC for the big 3 upgrade.

I'm trying to do most of this by learning what I can but I'm working with a guy at my local shop who I run everything by. He's set me straight on a few things so far. But thanks for looking out for me.
But yeah, if I can get an $800 board for a decent price (I've already seen them from $375-$550 shipped) then I'd rather go that route. I plan to do more upgrades as time goes on so getting that will allow me more room in the future.

And I'm having all OFC cables run in my car along with a 1/0 power cable and 1/0 OFC for the big 3 upgrade.
soundqubed and DD are father/son companies, their products are very similar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.