Dash Speakers Don't Fit in Dash?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have an older car, 2001 Dodge Neon, and apparently aftermarket dash speakers (3 1/2") will not fit in the space I have in my dash. What should I do about that? Without any speakers there it makes the sound, sound less focused in the front but more migrated towards to the mid of the car. Should I move the tweeters from my component to the A frames in the front where most newer cara have them or is there a way I can put something in my dash?

I tried some JL C2 350X speakers in the front. The mounting depth seemed to be an issue and the magnet was slightly too big I'd say. Tried making room for it by taking off some of the insulation in the dash but the metal is molded there. I can take pictures if that'd help

You have options. Clearance the metal. Try different speakers with a smaller magnet. Forget the 3.5s and put your tweeters there.
OP try the tweeters in the speakers slot, heck if you need a mount take out the stock 3.5's and cut the framing with tin snips or metal cutters, cut the surround out and there u go...mounting bracket, my aq tweeters fit perfectly in them.

Yup, the good 3.5's are a lot bigger than stock. You can either get cheezy ones with small magnets like the factory used or put your tweets in there instead.

OP try the tweeters in the speakers slot, heck if you need a mount take out the stock 3.5's and cut the framing with tin snips or metal cutters, cut the surround out and there u go...mounting bracket, my aq tweeters fit perfectly in them.
About to consider doing that, would you recommend where the old 3 1/2" was or in the A pillar?

Yup, the good 3.5's are a lot bigger than stock. You can either get cheezy ones with small magnets like the factory used or put your tweets in there instead.
Any suggestions on small 3 1/2" or should I just throw a tweeter there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.