Daisy chain?

Participant count
  • Participant list

thakidgame
10+ year member

MIAYAYO
Sorry for the newb question. But...

The other day I was connecting my amp to my head unit. I forgot to connect one cable to my amp. The remote turn on lead. So my amp does not turn on at all. Now Since I have another amp, connected to my bat., from what I read from you guys, is I could use the existing remote turn on lead connected to my current amp, and daisy chain it to the new one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Can someone care to explain what daisy chain is? And show me an example so I know how to do it when I do it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Any help will be appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Thanks.

In your application it means attaching another wire at the point where it connects to your first amp and running that new one over to the second amp. You are connecting the HU remote lead to the first amp, and then the first amp to the second amp.

daisychainmz3.png

isnt there a ballpark of how many you can daisychain? and what if you go over that number? what is needed to make it work? sorry i dont know much about this and im curious as well

I am running three off one lead, and actually will be running it through a PPI processor first once I get it hooked up. What do I need to get to make it right, and where? I should add that I spliced one lead and ran three wires off that to all three amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.