* Critique My EQ/RTA *

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kastlez_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
I'm 100% new to this and don't have the proper equipment to make accurate adjustments quite yet so this is all a learning curve.

2-way active front stage

Audison Bit one

Pioneer Deh-X9500bhs headunit

Tweeters mounted on axis from bottom of the A-Pillars

Since I last sent you a message I've tinkered around with the Audison Bit one EQ and a simple JL audio Spectrum analyzer App for my iphone (most likely not accurate but it'll do for now).

Can you take a look at these graphs and give me some input:

Left Tweeter:

LefttweeterRTA-1.png:original

Lefttweeter.jpg:original

Left Mid:

LeftwooferRTA-1.png:original

Leftwoofer.jpg:original

Right Tweeter:

RighttweeterRTA.png:original

Righttweeter.jpg:original

Right Mid:

RightwooferRTA.png:original

Rightwoofer.jpg:original

First and foremost... how does it sound? RTA is a great tool, but it can't tell you what it "sounds" like.

Second... are *trying* to get it perfectly flat? If so... why?

Just looking at the RTA (and assuming that free app one isn't totally useless), I imagine your midrange is overpowering and top end is crazy hot.

I've done mine flat and I thought it sounded like ass. But that's my opinion. If you like the way it sounds right there, then that's how you should run it. But you should try out some other curves to see if you like them better.

This is just one example. But it's a good one (and a popular one). This is the JBL "target curve". You can see how it's fat on the bottom end instead of the top (like yours). Some say +4-5db, others might like +8-9db on the bottom and sloping down to flat ~ 160hz. The other thing is... you see how it rolls off over 2.5khz? If you are flat past that, chances are that your tweets are loud as shit.

stargetresponse_zpsefc34cd9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kastlez_

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Kastlez_
Bay Area, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date