Couple of short ported questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

marcopolo
10+ year member

I'll be brief:

1. Is it smart to tune the ported box below the Fs of the sub? Is that even possible, is it good or bad? My sub is Fs=32 and I was wondering what would the outcome be if I tuned the box to 30Hz?

2. Is it O.K. if the box has two slated sides (the front - where the sub is, and the rear - where the rear of the sub is facing)? It's like 55 degrees angle on front side and like 75 degrees on the back side - like a: ------------

/ \

/--) sub \

/ \

/ \

-----------------------

Not a SVGA, just to make sure you'll understand.

Oh and 3. (not a couple anymore ;-) : How thick (max) should the be the lining on the sides, so it wouldn't "change" the volume so much it would change the tuning frequency?

The box is 65L (2.3 cubic feet in your dimensions, i think) and I plan to put some pyramid foam on the three opposite sides.

Thanx!

I saw that my classical art picture didn't came out as well as i expected, but I hope you get the idea from the text. It's like a triangle without a peak at a top but a flat side that is shorter (a half of the bottom side) that the bottom. Sorry!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.