copper intake manifold gasket

Participant count
  • Participant list

Decipha
10+ year member

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
a friend of mine has a 97 pontiac grand prix 3800 series and the intake gasket is leaking pretty badly giving him alot of problems, any way i was wondering if their is a copper gasket available, i know they make em just not sure if they make them for the intake on this engine, im going to try summit and a few others, a google search didn't turn up much if anybody knows please LMK... TIA

Why do you want to use copper gaskets? Are they suppose to be better. Mr. Gasket would probably be a good brand to check in. Either that or possibly FEL-PRO. As for torque wrenches, all of the intake gaskets I have done, the torque specs. are given in inches instead of ft. lbs.

I just did some checking around on the net. with mr. gasket and fel-pro and I couldnt find anything for that vehicle but maybe if you go with one of those brands you will have better luck. Good luck. Those cars are known for their intake leaks. Maybe if you call a performance place they might be able to help you out or direct you to somebody that can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.