Components for 370z (weekend driver) Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

brewops

Picked up a 370z a few weeks back and the stock system is crap. Pulled the door speakers and threw in some Lanzar OPTI6PMs on the recommendation of a fellow z owner and audio nut. Ran off of the stock headunit for a week or so before I dug out my old Cerwin Vega 104 10inch as I definitely needed more bass. Couldn't find my old amp so I went for a PP900.4 trying to stay within a lower budget since this is really a weekend/summer driver only and really I'd like to save for an Android Auto HU at some point. Amped the sub and 6.5s. No rears in this guy as its a 2 seater that's open to the tiny trunk space. Here's the rundown.

Current:

Amp - PP900.4

Sub - Older Cerwin Vega 104 10" - Bridged

6.5 - Lanzar OPTI6PM - Other 2 channels

Stock tweeters

The stock tweeters are trash so I have to turn everything pretty far down and keep the Lanzars full spectrum in order to even sound decent. That's after trying to tune things with a dmm, test tones, by ear volume, and to some music in hopes I could get things sounding better. Now I'm thinking of returning the Lanzars and going with a decent component set around $200 unless someone can come up with a decent tweeter match as I'm not very knowledgeable in that realm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I've been looking and reading and it seems like people are kinda all over the place, but these come up often:

Image Dynamics CTX65cs - being replaced very soon.

Focal 165VB

JBL P660C

Incriminator Audio I65c

Polk MM's

The list goes on but I can't wait too much longer before my return window runs out. I listen to alt-rock mostly and occasionally electronic so some nice hitting mids would be preferred to level it all out. Not huge on needing chest blowing bass anymore, just something well balanced so the 10" seems ok to me (and I already had it). Recommendations greatly appreciated!

Any notes on how they compare to anything else? Still wondering if I should try and match a tweet to these Lanzars (like the XS-28s someone else mentioned) or go components.

I have a jbl ms62 component set used but 10/10 condition. They really surprised people when they came out, if you treat your doors right the midbass is awesome on them. I can send them your way if youd like them way better than the p660 i have both sets for sale right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.