classified rules?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mtdewelf
10+ year member

addicted
I was wondering what the odds of getting a new rule added to the classifieds?

No selling items you don't have.

just a thought, nothing against anyone but selling a item that is still in transit to your house, or w/e leaves alot of room for error.

i've seen neg threads brought up cuz it wasn't mentioned, pretty sure that was jeremyzach or poodler though.

hrmm, yeah if mentioned i guess it's up to buyer but i can't see why you'd sell something you don't have and why it's allowed.

this thread was just to see if anyone agreed and if enough do hopfully to get a new rule established.

I was wondering what the odds of getting a new rule added to the classifieds?
No selling items you don't have.

just a thought, nothing against anyone but selling a item that is still in transit to your house, or w/e leaves alot of room for error.
eBay pulls such listings due to inability of the seller to guarantee item shipment within 30 days of receipt of payment. (as shipping within 30 days is a requirement of the eBay/PayPal UA)

We have no such requirement here, sadly, and to tell the truth even if we did such a thing would be rather difficult to enforce.

As we've seen far too many times if a seller isn't on the up and up no amount of requirements in our Classifieds subforum is going to stop them from being less than upfront (favorites of this ilk would include TheNoodPoopler, jeremyzach, and it's looking as if Raven2201 will soon reasonably be included in this list as well as others).

Like Mike already stated....if a buyer is willing to invest their money into an unknown source for an item that is clearly stated the seller doesn't even have yet then more fool them if they get stung, I should think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.