Circuit breakers or fuses

I use fuses. And yes fuse at both ends as close to the batts as possible. If the wire shorts you want both fuses to blow and prevent batts from grenading...

breakers arn't the best idea, over time (especially if they get tripped very often) they will start to handle less current. fuses are the only way to go, or be a man run the wire right and dont worry about fusing.

Breakers also get stuck and cause fires.
Only cheap ones. But good CBs cost a lot of money. There are no fuses on a space shuttle...

Seeing that car audio is not life support (well, for most of us lol) there's no reason to use anything but fuses.

Only cheap ones. But good CBs cost a lot of money. There are no fuses on a space shuttle...
fuses are the cheapest insurance you can get, the least expensive is probably much more reliable than the most expensive circuit breaker.

Space shuttle: 6 total, 138 flights, 2 exploded......not good odds, compare that to your vehicle.

fuses are the cheapest insurance you can get, the least expensive is probably much more reliable than the most expensive circuit breaker.Space shuttle: 6 total, 138 flights, 2 exploded......not good odds, compare that to your vehicle.
neither due to circuit breakers....

True but cb's used on space shuttle not comparable to car audio cb's in form, mechanical or electrical function.

I'll agree with you there. I run american bass circuit breakers and have no issues or worries at all. I prefer them for power adjustment reasons....instead of having to disconnect the batteries I can flip the breaker and go to work on what I need to. To each his/her own though!

I'll agree with you there. I run american bass circuit breakers and have no issues or worries at all. I prefer them for power adjustment reasons....instead of having to disconnect the batteries I can flip the breaker and go to work on what I need to. To each his/her own though!
Some of us don't use anything, can't understand why

Is there proof that circuit breakers stick and handle less current??? Or is this just pulled out of the ***?

Ive ran circuit breakers for 4 years with no issues.(3 in my car and 2 in my truck)

I had a fuse and fuse holder melt apart before though without the fuse blowing...

photo_zps2378aba6.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DankyD Bigbang

10+ year member
DankyD Bigbang
Hutchinson, Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from