Cheap Focals

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
I went ahead and got em'. The sale, technically, ended 12 minutes ago.... so I figured I'd better scoop them up while they were still $25. Now I just need to find out how to properly use them, lol...
@West ;, any ideas?

[quote name='av83']I went ahead and got em'. The sale, technically, ended 12 minutes ago.... so I figured I'd better scoop them up while they were still $25. Now I just need to find out how to properly use them, lol...
@West ;, any ideas?[/QUOTE]

For 25$ you cant go wrong... Just make em fit :)
Switching a 6x9 slot over to a 5 doesn't sound like too bad a plan, you could make a wooden baffel...

For 25$ you cant go wrong... Just make em fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifSwitching a 6x9 slot over to a 5 doesn't sound like too bad a plan, you could make a wooden baffel...
That's what I was thinking. I have a pair of 6x9 boxes from my old setup. I figured re-baffling those enclosures would be fine since the speakers are likely geared for an IB setup, and a sealed enclosure that's too large could mimic that environment. What would be a good tweet to match the speaker and those CDT crossover's? The cdt's xover point is 4.3 khz @ a 24db slope.

Yup, sale ended. Glad I grabbed them. Now I'm trying to figure out what tweets to pair with them on the CDT ex450 xover. Thinking this might call for searching through the 4 ohm tweets at Part-express.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.