Cerwin vega vega 12d4

yeh i got 2 of those for about 150 and believe me theyre loud...i made a custom box so it would fit in the trunk..the box is prety big an i never thought the subs would be this loud..i get looks everywhere..but i took em out so i could carpet the box..but these subs are great

i love those vegas. There were my favorite back in the day. The only good thing Best buy carried as far as subwoofers were concerned.

In respone to how loud one vega 12 would get with 600rms, it all depends if you put the sub in a ported box or not. If you really want to feel the bass in your chest then port that thing and it will wang. If you need to save spave and want to hear more cleaness in the bass then go with a sealed box. In respone to if it will sound better than your old punch setup, tell me what amp, subs, and box you had going on in your old setup. Then I'll give my opinion if it will sound better.

I know you'll be happy with that vega though.

i love those vegas. There were my favorite back in the day. The only good thing Best buy carried as far as subwoofers were concerned.
Hmmm, Bestbuy carried Vega? The one here carries, rockford, Lightning audio, Sony, and some power acoustic subs. Maybe Legacy, i cant remember about that one though.

well ill be running that one vega12d4 for now on a profile cl1200 in a custom ported box built to specs and tuned to 35Hz. putting 300rms to each voice coil.

My old setup was two rfz2812 200w max woofers in (2) 1.2 Cu. Ft. boxes. then I bridged them on the right channels of a "2000 watt" legacy 4 channel amp. so i was probably lucky to get 2 or 3 hundred watts to both of the subs. I think all that amps dirty power blew one of my subs. thats why i am trying to do a budget upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.