Capacitor Install

vandykej

This most likely will be a dumb question, but I purchased a Fierce Audio capacitor, model FEC1D. When I opened the package it came with all the installation stuff. It also came with this item that looks like a resistor or a light bulb. I know a resistor is needed in order to charge the capacitor, but do any of you know which one it would be. If it is a light bulb, do I also then need a resistor or is the light bulb sufficient?

Thanks,

Jake

Yes you are being trolled. But for good reason, capacitors pretty much don't do anything + or - for the electrical of a sound system and for what they do do, they are a waste of money and a battery would be a better given the general price paid for a power capacitor.

that thing sells for $99

is that what you paid?

It doesn't even list how many fared's it has

I have a 15 Fared that I will sell you for $50 shipped

I havent used it in about 8 years since I learned that they do not do much but if you wanna run a cap I am sure the one I can sell you is MUCH MUCH larger than that one.

LMK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.