Canadian Price Wars

Originally posted by Biohazard or u could live here and have no shipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
All three of us are in BC;)

I dont think the prices will drop very much again...especially on the Shiva.

- Steve

Originally posted by Jmac Yeah, but I'd have to take the ferry, so it would be cheaper for me to get it shipped :p
And the ferry's arent the quickest/cheapest things in the world.

- Steve

Originally posted by Jmac And now the BC ferry corporation has been privatized *shudders* If you think we were getting raped before ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Dont even get me started on the sale of the "Fast Ferry's"...

:sigh: Government is a joke here...we need a new thread so we can *****.

- Steve

Originally posted by Jmac The whole fast ferry situation was an overhyped joke ... It created how many HIGH-PAYING jobs for how many years and all people can do is ***** because they're only ALLOWED to go the same speed as the regular ferries ... They CAN go faster, they're not ALLOWED to ... And they were sold for like $40 million a piece or something like that ?
ferries are a joke period u can fly for cheaper now...its just weird....

anywhoi think the ferries were sold for 40 million for all 3....probably less, they lost over 500 million i think...

Originally posted by Jmac 500 Jobs created (300 in Nanaimo, 150 in Vancouver, 50 elsewhere)

Training Wage = $25.08/hr (3 months)

Working Wage = $34.50/hr

First year wages (Assuming 40 hours/week and 52 weeks/year) = $12038.40 + $55200 = $67,238.40

Next 3 years = $71,760

500*67238.4 + 500*3*71760 = $141,259,200

And, in this tax bracket, they would pay OVER 50% taxes, but we'll just say that they pay 50% ...

141,259,200*0.5 = $70,629,600

And this assumes no overtime or holiday pay ...

So the government received OVER $70,629,600 in taxes over 4 years strictly from this project, plus this project put almost that same amount into the local economies, creating even more jobs ...

How people can't see this is beyond me ...
So u think it was a good idea?!?!?!

Why not put some money into long term jobs?

Where are those people now? proabably collecting ei because the ship building industry is almost nonexistant now! Besides they only got trained in how to build these ships...and no one wants them anywho!

The Government should be worrying about the heath care and education systems. Clean up Downtown East Side, that's such a mess.

Oh, lower my vehicle insurance rates 40% so they are where they are supposed to be, as of 3 years ago.

- Steve

Originally posted by Jmac LOL, one reason why I hate the Liberals ...

Froze health care spending

CUT education spending

CUT human services spending

CUT senior services spending

Cut or froze basically everything else

Are trying to privatize all of the crown corporations, which will leave us ****ed

The Premier was caught drunk driving

And there's a long list of other stuff that I'm too lazy to type up

And yet the Liberals are still probably going to get re-elected ... Seriously, what is wrong with this picture ?
We seriously could go on and on...let's think of some positive things the current government has done...*thinking*

*Thinking*

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

- Steve (Still thinking)

Originally posted by Jmac They cut taxes by 0.5% ...
Whoa, I had to brace myself for that one:rolleyes: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Id rather pay that extra 0.5% and get some bloody health care.

- Steve

On just another little note...shamles plug here...prices also droped alot on RE and an good amount on CDT. eD has also seen about a $5 drop per driver.

Too bad our site is down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Should be up and running soon.

Originally posted by Jmac Who do you think is building all those cruise ships in the Nanaimo and Vancouver shipyards ?

I'm not saying it was a good idea, per se, but I am saying it's a lot better than what the Liberals have been doing since they got into office because of this "fiasco" ...

And it cost $154 million to build each ferry ... They were sold for the unbelievably low price of $40 million per ferry ... So we "lost" $342 million ... Subtract the taxes we received back directly from the workers, we lost about $250 million ... And then secondary jobs probably contributed a lot more tax revenue ... All in all, we probably lost less than $100 million on this project ... Still a considerable amount ... But not a huge loss ...

P.S. Why aren't you on ICQ ?
yeah but people got trained in ship building in aluminum...i think....and no one uses this at all in any ships whatsoever, so i hear from the news....

i see where you are coming from but there were better ways to spend the money, bottom line no government should take such a huge risk with so much money.....i think anyways, unless it is life or death, like research or something like that....

i am on icq...i am just really really busy lately!!!!

Originally posted by GenAudio On just another little note...shamles plug here...prices also droped alot on RE and an good amount on CDT. eD has also seen about a $5 drop per driver.

Too bad our site is down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Should be up and running soon.
Hope the site gets back up soon:)

Are you guys going to list the products you carry from all of your other companies sometime?

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.