Can you compare P1000X5 and T1000X5ad?

Participant count
  • Participants list
You need more power for the subs. Should be looking at a 4ch and a mono block if you want to use those subs...

t1000x5ab smaller constant power built in fans (it really needs the fans) you would need to run a 4 awg wire from the battery to a distribution block then 8 awg into the amp or find a reducer that'll work. Same for the ground.I have 2 of those amps.

Things I like, the size, it's a constant power amp, clip light,attenuation knob, it has a switch you turn off the sub amp if you decide to add a more powerful sub amp.

Things I don't like, it runs hot (maybe didn't need it but I added a external fan it runs hot enough without the added fan you can't put your hand on it and leave it there with the added fan it runs more like most amplifiers) the quick release terminals. Power and ground right next to each other. It's so small so the terminals are a compromise but they could have put the remote turn on in between the power and ground. You have to buy the attenuation knob. 
I did have to send one back for warranty repair sub amp went out but it only took 2 weeks from time it left my house to when i got it back. That happened after only using for a few weeks. The other one i have is over 2 years old no issues. If i was going to do it again, for my set up in my honda,id probably go with the t400 and t750  takes up about the same space more sub power not too much diff in price.

@fithwheel, why would you go with t400 and t750 if you had to do it again?  What could they do better?   I assume they won't run as hot and are more modular?

Also, I see RF makes T400-4 and also T400X4ad.  

@fithwheel, why would you go with t400 and t750 if you had to do it again?  What could they do better?   I assume they won't run as hot and are more modular?

Also, I see RF makes T400-4 and also T400X4ad.  
Birth sheet on 750 typically close or right at a 1000 watts at 1 ohm but since it is a constant power amp even at 2 ohms would still be around 900 watts. Requires 8 guage same as the mini 4 ch t amp. So wouldn't need any more than 4 guage to a distribution block. Birth sheet on that t 5 ch amp is right around 700 at 1 ohms. Around 600 at 2.

I'm using 2 300 watt rms subs on mine. After box rise they're really not getting enough power to get the most out of them. Considering I don't want to mess with my electrical the t 750 would do a little better on them without doing anything besides big 3 which I've already done. So probably will upgrade at some point and use the 5ch as a 4ch.

I would assume being in separate chassis that the combo would run cooler than the 5 ch. The 1 I'm using in my work truck does run much cooler with the sub ch turned off. No surprise there. Haven't seen complaints on the t 750 getting too hot. Plenty of complaints about heat on the t 10005ch. 

Personally for the 2 subs you're wanting to use I'd be looking at 2k plus amplifiers. Staying with a rf amp  a t1500 or 1000   but you're looking at more cost plus most likely need electrical up grades depending on vehicle. Might be able to get away with just big 3 and a good battery with the 1000 and a t400. Iirr the 1000 birth sheet is around 1500 and 2k on the 1500

Jls are  ported so should be efficient but the t 1000/5ch or the punch diffinetlly wouldn't be driving them very hard at all. Or any 5 channel amp for that matter. 

I assume you're not interested in building your own enclosure?

Maybe different subs or just one of the jls? Or more power for the 2. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.