can I bypass my Content Theft Deterrent (CTD) system..?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys..

So I've been working on an audio upgrade for my 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS. As my first car, and first audio upgrade, this is turning out to be a lot more work than I had imagined it would be..!

I've got my aftermarket headunit in with RAP interface and that's all working (thank god), but now I need to bypass the stock Bose amplifier so that I can install my own and use my own speakers.

The problem is, when I remove the Bose amp I get a CTD alarm.

By this I mean that my siren goes off and my emergency lights start flashing and no electronics function.

I had the hard realization with this fact recently when I had absentmindedly unplugged the device and attempted to drive the next day. It took me like 30 min to figure out lol

Things I've learned:

- My car has a PASSKEY III security system that is integrated with the ignition system which all you remote-starters out there know and love. This is not a problem for me however (currently)

- ..And then it has a "content theft deterrent" (CTD) system which integrates throughout the car in its own dedicated circuit with the Body Control Module (BCM) that is somewhere in my vehicle. This is what I want to disable. Completely.

- The CTD system apparently interfaces with my Bose amplifier--the crux of my problems.

- Limited material, schematics on this subject in Haynes/Chiltons manuals or the interwebz..

Please somebody out there tell me that this is possible...I'm about ready to go to the dealership to beg them to let me look at some of their schematics..

Thank you

Hi guys..
So I've been working on an audio upgrade for my 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS. As my first car, and first audio upgrade, this is turning out to be a lot more work than I had imagined it would be..!

I've got my aftermarket headunit in with RAP interface and that's all working (thank god), but now I need to bypass the stock Bose amplifier so that I can install my own and use my own speakers.

The problem is, when I remove the Bose amp I get a CTD alarm.

By this I mean that my siren goes off and my emergency lights start flashing and no electronics function.

I had the hard realization with this fact recently when I had absentmindedly unplugged the device and attempted to drive the next day. It took me like 30 min to figure out lol

Things I've learned:

- My car has a PASSKEY III security system that is integrated with the ignition system which all you remote-starters out there know and love. This is not a problem for me however (currently)

- ..And then it has a "content theft deterrent" (CTD) system which integrates throughout the car in its own dedicated circuit with the Body Control Module (BCM) that is somewhere in my vehicle. This is what I want to disable. Completely.

- The CTD system apparently interfaces with my Bose amplifier--the crux of my problems.

- Limited material, schematics on this subject in Haynes/Chiltons manuals or the interwebz..

Please somebody out there tell me that this is possible...I'm about ready to go to the dealership to beg them to let me look at some of their schematics..

Thank you
Just leave the amp plugged in. Your aftermarket head unit can still power it up, just don't run audio into it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.