Campacitor question

stangpounder
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wi
What kind and size of campacitor should i use on A tsunami 1100D? im running it at ohm ohm to got 1100 watts, also if i buy a used one can somone run me through the steps of installing one? Thank you for all the help.

Thats a lot of watts, and i would recommend getting a capacitor i suppose. I wouldn't worry about the battery unless your going to play your system with the car not running. Capacitors tell you how many watts they are rated up to, and personally I’ve never seen any that were rated past 1,000watts, but i suppose if you can't find a 1,100watt/1,500 watt capacitor then a 1k may due the job well.

Personally, i would install the stereo and have it tuned to see how everything works out. You should try to reduce voltage drop first by sellecting the right gauge power wire and keeping the power wire short as possible (i suppose you've already done so). If you get constant lighting and electrical problems then a capacitor won't help, but if your lights dim on big BOOMS then i would get a capacitor.

I've had a capacitor in my first car before and it helped alot. My amp was 500watts powering the "holly-favorite" of mine OZ subwoofer--no more flickering.

dont waste your money. you wont need it.
why not....with a HO alt. and new Bat. it wouldnt hurt

But for 1100 watts u really shouldnt need one after the Electrical upgrades ur already doing.

If u still want one any 1 farad cap will do the trick.

why waste your money on a cap when you have a nice brand new battery and an alternator that is putting out more than what is being demanded?

why waste your money on a cap when you have a nice brand new battery and an alternator that is putting out more than what is being demanded?
Some people also like caps just for the fact that they can make you look cool even if sometimes they are useless. To tell you the truth I wouldnt mind having a digital cap just to add that extra wow factor.

only time ive ever seen them in high end installs is simply for the voltage meter and to add a touch of style in the install, like to fill an empty space.

Ive beem looking into getting one of those. what kind is yours and where did you get it? i was looking at that audiobahn one.
i actually have the Stinger one to match all my pretty wires lol. i got it from a local shop b/c my buddy worked there and instead of the nasty 100 bucks they list as i got it for like 40.

adam

at the nashville decibel drags cars were full of them. they had like .... 10 0 guage wires tied into slabs of metal branching across 50 or so caps.

the sony van ran 38 sony 12s and had atleast 100 caps ..... they reserve power and if you arent pulling too much current *which you arent* then id get a cap and see how it works, unless your made of money

at the nashville decibel drags cars were full of them. they had like .... 10 0 guage wires tied into slabs of metal branching across 50 or so caps.
the sony van ran 38 sony 12s and had atleast 100 caps ..... they reserve power and if you arent pulling too much current *which you arent* then id get a cap and see how it works, unless your made of money
caps do not reserve power for more than a split second. caps are a waste of $$.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.