Calling all Audiophiles - Hi Res Source Files

Although road noise makes things that you are only going to get a certain degree of satisfaction from a car audio system, I still wrestle with the idea of settling with computing power to force a lesser audio signal into submission. I agree they are pretty fantastic today but I'd still like to start with as high quality an audio signal as is practical in a car then use DPS to do a little tuning against the road noise.
That DSP has road noise correction.

Although road noise makes things that you are only going to get a certain degree of satisfaction from a car audio system, I still wrestle with the idea of settling with computing power to force a lesser audio signal into submission.
You're jumbling up two massively different issues. Road noise is a problem no matter how good the audio system is. Compressed music formats can be good enough that the real road block is a mental one, and by that I mean one believes something to be superior by confirmation bias. A hi-res recording must be better because they said it's better. That isn't always true. Only when we can compare different quality digital files that originated from the same master can an accurate comparison be made, plus it has to be a blind test. The NPR audio quality test is a starting point for better awareness of what's good enough in terms of digital audio formats.

Haven't even read that deep into others responses, but please realize you're listening environment is thin wall metal and glass awful resonant frequencies for SQ and coming from HT you'll never get the sound you're lurking for, kinda think of it as trying to polish a turd. You can get the best components in car audio but will never represent the quality of a HT system. Something to think about. Not trying to be negative or come after you one bit FYI.

Haven't even read that deep into others responses, but please realize you're listening environment is thin wall metal and glass awful resonant frequencies for SQ and coming from HT you'll never get the sound you're lurking for, kinda think of it as trying to polish a turd. You can get the best components in car audio but will never represent the quality of a HT system. Something to think about. Not trying to be negative or come after you one bit FYI.
You can get it much closer to HT than you think.

You can get it to the point where you listen to a big band and it goes way out of the windows and way out on the hood. You fell like you are sitting in a concert hall.

You can get it much closer to HT than you think. You can get it to the point where you listen to a big band and it goes way out of the windows and way out on the hood. You fell like you are sitting in a concert hall.
I need to listen to an install like that once in person

The car will never sound like a home listening room, concert hall, or headphones. It can be something different that is very enjoyable it its own ways.

people love c5's so maybe you shouldn't spoil the mans enjoyment with your distaste for them
people love boss too its a top selling company... i just calls em how i sees em... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imdaman.gif.bc6c552e19aa4ad8c47461144f40eb1a.gif

people love boss too its a top selling company... i just calls em how i sees em... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imdaman.gif.bc6c552e19aa4ad8c47461144f40eb1a.gif
How in the name of God almighty could you possibly compare the two? that's off the charts ridiculous.

I have to agree that I find many 320kbps MP3s to sound very good. I think a good test would be this:

1. Convert one of your favorite hi-res tracks to 320kbps.

2. Get in your car and have someone play them both for you, but not tell you which.

3. See if you can spot a clear difference.

By the way, when you say your mp3s are not adequate, are they all 320kbps? I can agree that 256 is even lacking, but 320 is pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.