Buying Mom a HU

diesel_kid
10+ year member

Diesel Lover
Hey there, I am looking for a HU for my mom for her 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300D. She doesnt need nothing really fancy, just something that will last as long as that diesel engine its sittin behind. I own an Alpine and have heard nothing but good things about them, so I am thinking about sticking with that brand but other suggestions will be taken into account too.

Like I said, nothing fancy is needed, the only reason I am putting one in there is because she said she wants a CD player in her car because its just tape right now. Thanks.

get her something with simple ergonomics....ala Nakamichi, low end Eclipse decks (3414,3424) or a low end alpine if thats your preference -somethingn simple use with a rotary volume knob

Alright Thanks guys. Probably go with the Alpine because I have heard of people having decks that still work from 20 years ago that they put in their Z28s and such. Ill look into which ones I like the looks of and which ones are the simplist.

Alright I was looking around and I really like the CDM-9821 or 9823, but neither is XM radio ready? If I got either one of them, and then my mom wanted XM radio, would it be fairly hard to hook up, and what does XM radio ready mean exactly, say, what would you need to buy to hook up XM radio on a non-ready HU compared to a ready HU?

Thanks.

Dude, get her something that does not have a detach face. She will not want to carry it around much less take it off to hide it. Bump for the Eclipse CD3404 or CD3414 if you want MP3. Bonus is 3 years warranty and replacement in the first year if it is stolen. This is a simple clean easy to use non light show cd player. To compare an Alpine from 20 years ago to one from today is like trying to compare a new Dell computer to a Radio Shack TRS80.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.