Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

Participant count
  • Participant list

marleyskater420
5,000+ posts

Banned
Item(s) for Sale:

Blown CZ500. I believe the Pico (?) fuse blew from what a dealer told me. The front outputs dont work/ have a ton of what sounds like insane alternator whine, same with the rears.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Cosmetically it looks great. Probably 8.5-9/10.

Mechanically it needs the pico fuse replaced (again, based on what a dealer told me)

Price:

Whatever you think is fair.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Buyer pays shipping. I ship UPS only.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

The pico fuse can be easily fixed by doing this to ensure all the RCA's have an equal ground:

644225.jpg

The pico fuse can be easily fixed by doing this to ensure all the RCA's have an equal ground:
644225.jpg
Wrong. Pico fuses have to be soldered. The rca ground trick is for altinator whine. Not pico fuses. Easy fix none the less tho

Wrong. Pico fuses have to be soldered. The rca ground trick is for altinator whine. Not pico fuses. Easy fix none the less tho
Quoted from the OP: "The front outputs dont work/ have a ton of what sounds like insane alternator whine". As for the front outputs not working that can be caused by the front rca's not having a good ground

Quoted from the OP: "The front outputs dont work/ have a ton of what sounds like insane alternator whine". As for the front outputs not working that can be caused by the front rca's not having a good ground
Yeah, the fronts dont work and have this weird insane alt whine. The rears have insane alt whine but work.

So basically wrap some speaker wire around each rca and secure it to the HU?

What about the pico fuse?

btw thanks for the help!

the pic you see is what i have done on 4 pioneer radios. work perfect if you do that. ppl always whine about pioneer being crappy, well if you do this little trick you wont have the problem. just a small time problem for a killer brand of radios. never had any problems with pioneer other then this easy fix so i say copy that pic and call it good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah, the fronts dont work and have this weird insane alt whine. The rears have insane alt whine but work.
So basically wrap some speaker wire around each rca and secure it to the HU?

What about the pico fuse?

btw thanks for the help!
From what I've seen this seems to fix everything. I don't even think the pico fuse is actually a fuse, I think it's just a diode

the pic you see is what i have done on 4 pioneer radios. work perfect if you do that. ppl always whine about pioneer being crappy, well if you do this little trick you wont have the problem. just a small time problem for a killer brand of radios. never had any problems with pioneer other then this easy fix so i say copy that pic and call it good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So just pull out the connector on the back of the HU that has the RCAs coming out, and wind an exposed wire around each one, and secure it to the HU on both ends?

So just pull out the connector on the back of the HU that has the RCAs coming out, and wind an exposed wire around each one, and secure it to the HU on both ends?
wrap a bare piece of 14-16 gauge wire in a V8 type way around all the rca shieldings. pull them tight and then secure the other end to a screw in the case of the head unit. this grounds out the rcas so they dont catch interferance or noise and stuff. hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.