Southwest Region Broke my Windshield at the show today.

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT
I wouldnt be surprised if you are close to 160. Buddy of mine, Ray Maestas, is doing 161 on 4 teams in a 6th on 2 flatline 11.5ks.
That 154 had to be extremely conservative lol
5% gain while my tested clipping point was 30% lol Just need to get into Team JYpower so i can really get proper potential out of these babies.

in the beginning before i even knew my limit since i was still working on the setup till 1 am yesterday and didnt really get to tune and figure out whats the safe limits or my peak, I conservatively i metered a 154.6 at 39hz on a buddy's ssa apm-2 with the volume knob at 55 and sub level at -9 with a -5 db tone. I found out during demos, my comfortable spot is -6 sub level and 58 volume so i'll play with the meter in the next few weeks to see if we can sqeeze more out of it.. dipping to 10.3 volts all day long, not a single clip light or protect 3 hour back to back no rest demos, coils arent even close to slightly warm ice fking cold. Amp just barely warm, like a little bit above room temperature.
On the multi-meter and amp's clipping indicator on a - 5 db test tone, i start soft clipping at 30% gain at +6 sub level. The whole competition i was at 5% gain and the sub levels stated above. I dont feel comfortable pushing the amps to their proper output levels without a decent bank of lithiums for reserve. 10.3 volts is scary enough I dont need to try to drop to 9 volts to test taramps reliability....

Congrats! I blew a 12" Alpine sub and one 6x9 playing with a badly set amp gain situation in Baby II!

Breaking hardware is FUN, eh? :)

John Kuthe...

Congrats! I blew a 12" Alpine sub and one 6x9 playing with a badly set amp gain situation in Baby II!

John Kuthe...

You blew a sub because you clipped the living p|ss out of it. He blew a windshield because he's loud. Big differeance. And nobody enjoys breaking anything that will cost more money.

You blew a sub because you clipped the living p|ss out of it. He blew a windshield because he's loud. Big differeance. And nobody enjoys breaking anything that will cost more money.
Yep, I did it well too! So did he! We BOTH broke things!

What have YOU broken lately?

John Kuthe...

Yep, I did it well too! So did he! We BOTH broke things!
What have YOU broken lately?

John Kuthe...

Nothing. And hopefully nothing in the future. Taking my time and building slow so I DO NOT break anything. Jeffs was a cool break something. Yours is a your too stupid to listen to anyone and have to feed your bipolar/psychopathic/egomanic personality break. Don't you have infinite mpg or some other stupid shiit to get back to doing?

John Kuthe...
You're like a functional retard.
Hang on, I forgot the exclamation marks. I know you like those!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing. And hopefully nothing in the future. Taking my time and building slow so I DO NOT break anything. Jeffs was a cool break something. Yours is a your too stupid to listen to anyone and have to feed your bipolar/psychopathic/egomanic personality break. Don't you have infinite mpg or some other stupid shiit to get back to doing?
How many gallons of GASOLINE have you spent MONEY on over the past several weeks? Me, VERY LITTLE!!

2013 Nissan Leaf, MO license plate INF-MPG !!! :)

John Kuthe...

How many gallons of GASOLINE have you spent MONEY on over the past several weeks? Me, VERY LITTLE!!
2013 Nissan Leaf, MO license plate INF-MPG !!! :)

John Kuthe...
so what? my g37 is fast nicer cooler rides better handles better and sounds better. lol

even my lil kia is nicer. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffdachef

5,000+ posts
Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Jeffdachef
South Coast Metro, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date