Brahma+hatchbck=box ?'s

FASTIMES
10+ year member

Still in Dis B!tch.....
I recently obtained a 15" Brahma MKI. I ended up throwing it into a box I already had here at the house. Thing is I have no clue on the specs,(what it's tuned to;cu.ft?). If someone could run the math for me it would be greatly appreciated:D.

I know the chances of it being close to what it needs to be are slim..so what I'll need to do is have one of you guys help me,(paypal a few $'s) w/the plans:). lmk if any ?'s. thank you in advance.

IMG_0153-1.jpg

IMG_0153-2.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Box doesn't look too bad actually.

I would do the calculations for that port, but I'm lazy and don't feel like doing all the math. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Box doesn't look too bad actually.
I would do the calculations for that port, but I'm lazy and don't feel like doing all the math. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks. but you know if its not anywhere close to the rite tuning, then its basically worthless.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

he said he has that box. needs to know the tuning of it...
yes, correct I would like to know HOW much it is off, when I built it I built it to the car not the speaker if ya know what I mean=no specs.

I can design this for you if you need.
thanx,"Basically guys, what I really am asking for is simply the plans for the port in my box, because the box above is built to the max measurements, its just the port thats not built to any kind of spec."

I am probably way off on this, but I think its 4.9 CF tuned to 32hz. This wasn't accounting for wood thickness.Good luck,

Larson
Thax alot buddy,even if its off.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

We can't tell you anything without knowing the actual inner port dimensions. If you want to know the tuning, play some test tones starting at about 45hz and work your way down to about 25hz. Somewhere between there, the cone should move less and less and the port will move more and more. The point of least excursion is the tuning frequency of the enclosure. This will get you closer to the actual result than we would trying to guess your actual port length.

Internal volume, minus port displacement, but not driver displacement is 4.174 cubic feet. The box has a port length of 19 inches, tuned to right around 33Hz. Keep in mind that this is without subwoofer displacement and this could change significantly after the driver's displacement has been subtracted from it's overall internal volume (again, minus the port displacement). What is the displacement of the subwoofer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FASTIMES

10+ year member
Still in Dis B!tch.....
FASTIMES
(909)...SoCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date