Box for 94 Chevy regular cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

NOTtooOLD

I am ditching my JBL 12 for an Audiobahn aw1006q. I am tired of sitting up on the steering wheel. I plan on purchasing an amp later on after I get my box built. I was gonna try to build a box that will place the sub facing down so I can obtain a narrower top section. The bottom will look something like this |___---___| with the center section about 6" off the floor where the sub will be mounted firing downward. I will have the full width of the truck to make the correct airspace.

Does this sound like a good idea? Any drawbacks? Any ideas you guys (or girls) have would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am not looking for competition sound or anything, just good clean bass.

Also, any suggestions for an amp to drive this sub? also looking for some good component speaker for the front. not looking to spend a ton of money.

Thanks.

I was actually thinking about doing that with some L5's, but i just designed a box that would position the subs behind the passenger.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Do you have bucket seats? If not, then the down-firing sub seems like it would work, but i don't know if the bass would be muffled at all because it is reflecting off of the floor.

Originally posted by NOTtooOLD No buckets, just a plain ol bench seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
You could always get some buckets!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

LOL, yeah, you are right. But that would be more money :p I plan to get a new truck with extended cab in the next year so I really hate to put more in this one than I have too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im was the same boat that u are in with limited space(1995 chevy s-10 standard cab). I had just bought two AW1005Q's (audiobahn ROCKS) and am having a tad bit of trouble fitting them BOTH in there in something other than a sealed box. I don't know about u but I am willing to sacrifice ALOT of space to get what I want. Im a small guy so I can pull my seat all the way up and still be comfortable. Basically what i did was set up my subs shooting into the box( gut's out ) along with alot of angle that allow it to just barely fit back there. Yes it is cramped in my truck. If u wanted i could show u my 3d design of the box. As for the Amp to run it I would personnaly buy the Audiobahn 18001DT or the 8001DT I have the 18001DT along with a 6601Q( you can NEVER have too much power). But thats just me I don't settle for anything less than audiobahn.Or u could buy the new A5100T for everything. I really haven't looked at any new components but I had all my stocks replaced with kenwoods and they did good until i tried to push 75w continuous through them. They are rated at 50w and 40w rms.

Originally posted by bigred78797 Im was the same boat that u are in with limited space(1995 chevy s-10 standard cab). I had just bought two AW1005Q's (audiobahn ROCKS) and am having a tad bit of trouble fitting them BOTH in there in something other than a sealed box. I don't know about u but I am willing to sacrifice ALOT of space to get what I want. Im a small guy so I can pull my seat all the way up and still be comfortable. Basically what i did was set up my subs shooting into the box( gut's out ) along with alot of angle that allow it to just barely fit back there. Yes it is cramped in my truck.
Yeah, the reason i can't fit a big box that i want is because i have a standard cab, but i am 6'. So i need as much room as humanly possible. That's why i'm gonna put all the subs on the passenger side! I'll figure it out eventually. Right now I'm just doing all of my dampening that i can without tearing the seats out.

Well i hate to say it but your out of luck. There is no way that u can fit those things in the standard cab. i have the 1005q's and they are as a slightly smaller than the 1006q's and i have both the seats ALL the way foward and they just barely fit. I have thought of every other possible configuration of those speakers but there is no way to fit them back there without having the seat all the way foward (or removing the seat all together). Good luck.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Originally posted by bigred78797 Well i hate to say it but your out of luck. There is no way that u can fit those things in the standard cab. i have the 1005q's and they are as a slightly smaller than the 1006q's and i have both the seats ALL the way foward and they just barely fit. I have thought of every other possible configuration of those speakers but there is no way to fit them back there without having the seat all the way foward (or removing the seat all together). Good luck.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
Well, he can still do the down-firing technique. It'll probably fit, but i don't know how it's gonna sound.

Well I should get the sub tomorrow. If so I am gonna start working on the box this weekend. Will try to post a pic next week of the finished product and let you all know how it sounds. If it doesnt sound good, I'll just try something else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.