Box builders

Participant count
  • Participant list

natem33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am building a split sealed box for a pair of 10 inch Cerwin-Vega HED's. The drivers will be firing upward. The boxes will be placed over the wheel wells on each side of my Explorer. Since the box will be over the wheel wells, there will be two different depths. Will this effect the internal box air pressure? Will there be any performance loss because of the 2 different depths? I plan on filling the bottom half of the box with polyfill. Thank you in advance to all those who can help.

you say two different depths. Will the internal volume be the same ? If it is you got nothing to worry about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The internal volume will be calculated to stay within spec of the speaker. My worry was speaker performance because one half of the box will be about 12 inches from the bottom to the top, and the other half will be about 7 inches from the bottom to the top. Your reply is the answer that I was looking for. Thanks Ramos.

The only thing you really haveto worry about when it comes to depth. Is t leave an inch or two behind the rear of the sub. Other than that it's all up to your imagination //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.