boom 24s rebuild (again) 4 15s

No worries, this build is going to be nuts! You've got killer equipment AND the setup will be great too...big builds just take a while to finish.

Still have lots of work to do on the box, but it'll be very strong and its well planned out to make the best use of his space. I'll try to provide some good in progress pics this week.

Hey boom kon68 here nice box did you make those braces your self real tight dude real tight question? why not double the baffle?
I'm building the box for him (The Box Guy). The entire box will be doubled and the top baffle will actually be tripled //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Subs will sit inverted (magnet out) and be recessed into the top baffle.

Here is a pic of the port in progress...

l_f7351b78f2fb4c7a8c7deccd5da2bd85.jpg

I'm building the box for him (The Box Guy). The entire box will be doubled and the top baffle will actually be tripled //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Subs will sit inverted (magnet out) and be recessed into the top baffle.
thanks for the update dave

build looks good.....quick question tho. you think port facing up will be louder than port facing the hatch?? I know I tested both setups in my truck when I had 4 15s and the port aimed toward the rear was louder.....I kno the air space in your vehicles is about the same, but every vehicle is different. I am jus curious

My original design was subs up, port back, but Dave (boom24) spoke to 2 knowledgeable SPL competitors that have grand cherokee's themselves and they both told him subs up/ port up was louder...so we changed the design and hopefully it works out well.

My original design was subs up, port back, but Dave (boom24) spoke to 2 knowledgeable SPL competitors that have grand cherokee's themselves and they both told him subs up/ port up was louder...so we changed the design and hopefully it works out well.
thats dave...and yes that is suposta be the loudest design in my style jeep...also another factor for me is space i cant have a port pack because the box has to be 6 in or so of the hatch and i cant afford to loose the space in the front of the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.