Best Amp for my Setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

andddlay
10+ year member

Michigan
A year and a half ago I got these installed in my mini cooper: AVH p5200bt, Boston Acoustics pro60se, Boston Acoustics SC60, Rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount, and an infinity kappaFive amp. At the time, I thought that amp would be perfect, however it appears its underpowering my BA's (recommended at 150w).

I'm in the purchasing mode now - I've got a pioneer avh4400bh, JL audio, 12w3v3-4, and ts-d1320c on the way (but I think I might just stick with the BA's).

What is a good amp that I should use for this setup? I heard the IX 1000.5 would do the job (I can get it kinda cheap), but I thought I'd see what others thought.

Thank you!

its better to separate the amp for mids and highs and your sub amp
So would you recommend me keep my kappa 5 for my w3, then get a 4 channel for my speakers, or just go ahead and get a 5 channel and sell my kappa 5?

its better to separate the amp for mids and highs and your sub amp
x2, that way in case if something happens to your sub stage you don't end up with no music at all.

So would you recommend me keep my kappa 5 for my w3, then get a 4 channel for my speakers, or just go ahead and get a 5 channel and sell my kappa 5?

I would say sell the Kappa 5 and use the money to help fund a mono sub amp and a 4 channel. You can say, get a Boston GT-2300 for the sub and a GT-4100 for the mids/highs. I had a Boston GT-28 (predecessor of the GT-2300) and it was a hella nice-sounding amp.

x2, that way in case if something happens to your sub stage you don't end up with no music at all.

I would say sell the Kappa 5 and use the money to help fund a mono sub amp and a 4 channel. You can say, get a Boston GT-2300 for the sub and a GT-4100 for the mids/highs. I had a Boston GT-28 (predecessor of the GT-2300) and it was a hella nice-sounding amp.
awesome. thank you!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.